The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:: pats malaika gently ::

Don't worry, it's the detonation. She's got something in her eye.

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  3. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

The interesting thing about that clip IMO is Scotty. Those few frames have me hoping that he will be used as something more than just comic relief this time around.

4. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Looking at that gif - Perhaps they've done a reversal and Kirk dies? I say that only because the hand that isn't Spock is dead still, whereas Spock's appears to be a slow, calculated move.

And it's a left hand, in a weird position. Leads me to believe that person is kneeling, and that they're propping themselves up with their left hand.

5. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

those 2 film are not so bad.I wish people will give them a chance.:)

Quantum of Solace was quite good even though there was too much angst from Mr Bond. Attack of the Clones was average, if you could get past Hayden Christensen bad acting and the corny dialogues he had with Natile Portman.

its not like both films got a lot of negative reviews like star trek nemesis.

6. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

See what I mean? this is kind of cliche and tacky, it is just way too similar to WOK and it does not help that both films are sequels.

However there was a post on trekmovie that the hand salute could be between Pike and Spock but I seriously doubt it or Spock ad MCcoy (now that is ridiculous)

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

8. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

I am thinking it is Pikes hand. At the end of the Japanese trailer, Kirk is in the new uniform looking shocked. It's possible Pike is severely wounded and dies in a raid at Starfleet. Spock is indeed seen running in his blue shirt after Cumberbach, possibly after the attack (and returns to find Pike near death). There is also a scene were phaser blasts come into what looks like a Starfleet brass meeting zapping a Starfleet babe out of her chair.

9. Eris

Eris Ensign Newbie

So, another vengeful bad guy following his own agenda and lots and lots of action. Pretty uninspiring.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Can't recall it verbatim, but the way he said that he had returned and was going to exact revenge just made me think of Mitchell, being left for dead on D-V. It wouldn't take much more than a few lines of dialoge in a briefing to expain that backstory for those who didn't read the Ongoing Comic.

11. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

In all honesty it will be better if with was Pike's hands, it will make the film stand out on its own than it constantly been compared to WOK.

12. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yup.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Revenge is a cliché best served cold.

14. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Hey, look everyone! It is Star Trek, honest! There's one alien dude somewhere out of focus in the background in a half second shot!

[​IMG]

Seeking out new life amirite?!

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Well how about that? :)

16. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Or maybe just maybe it is TOS Spock and NU-Spock that are doing the Vulcan hand salute.

But I was right, people on trekmovie are already saying how tacky it is going to be if they do a Kirk and Spock re-harsh of the hand salute through the glass.

I hardly agree with the comments on trekmovie but they are on point with this one.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

As much as I loved the last movie, I wasn't sure Abrams and co. would have a clue what to do with the Trek crew once they were united. No worries, this looks fantastic:D

Did anyone else notice there were NO space scenes?

18. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone considered it could be Uhura's hand?

Fingers look a bit dainty for Kirk.

19. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Just finished rewatching Whom the Gods Destroy
    After that i'm fairly certain that's who Benedict is.Which Garth's exploits as a tactician being required reading at Star Fleet academy and being one of the FLeet's greatest captains during war time he has the chops. He lost his mind after the beings of Antos IV taught him the cellular regen technique. After he went made he created what he claimed to be the most powerful explosive in the universe. Detonation anyone? After Star Fleet locked him away and his crew refused to go along with his delusions of granduer of establishing an empire he conspired to create one. All he needed was a starship to make this happen.

It's feasible that Garth would attack Earth first, and from the synopsis we know the detonates the fleet.

Another revenge bad guy?
    Hmm XII Garth, XI Nero, X Shinzon, IX Ru'afo. Yeah I can see a pattern. At least Benedict won't be bald like the last 3 villains.

20. KalEl

KalEl Lieutenant Commander

I think it's Garth and that's what I've hoped for since the end of the first one. If it is Garth and not a rehash of Khan, then I give them props for that. This trailer looks cool and exiting, but I'm still skeptical for now. I'd love to see Captain Garth wreak havoc on Starfleet. It also looks like there is a Klingon in one of the stills.