Dollhouse renewed?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Colin Xavier, May 16, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Buffy Season One had great dialogue and great characters but terrible stories and terrible effects. That was back when Buffy was my favorite character, before she became a shrill bitch.

2. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

FUTURAMA! NOW!

3. Jimmy Bob

Jimmy Bob Commander Red Shirt

Am I the only one who loved Dollhouse ever since the first episode?

I really don't see it first half vs second half. All those minor scenes were building up for the second half, gaddammit.

Also Eliza is great as Echo. Also she's more cute than sexy. With her character's innocence - the drooling makes me wonder.

And that's what I like most about the show - that silent touch of tender innocence. It's probably the most feel-good of Whedon's shows.

The mood, the tone, the innocence, the tenderness... I love it and I yay at this news, so help me God.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm glad this got renewed, I did whatever small amount I could - tweeting @foxbroadcasting and so on.

There's a lot of potential there. Some of it was hidden behind uninteresting one-off stories, ignorant writing (the whole Dominatrix/Dolls aren't allowed to be submissives thing) and the, shall we say, over the top, unrealistic female on male violence that Joss loves to add to his shows but I could still see it was there.

Getting past the first season is always the hardest job for a new show, especially one with a hard to figure out idea like Dollhouse.

5. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't say loved, but the first episode (just having aired here) was more than enough to make me tune in for the next one:)

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I'm about to watch the whole 1st season next week. Some DL copies are coming my way. Prior to this I've only seen thru ep.4 and I'm eager to watch them all now knowing its renewed.

7. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought ratings would have killed it

once again Fox surprises us

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe this is payback for firefly? The show was created as unkillable no matter what?

Who wants to be know forever as the new idiots at FOX?

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I just wish they were taking "a bet on Joss Whedon" with a better show. Dollhouse is pretty good, but it's not grassroots-cult-hit-after-the-fact good.

If this doesn't balloon in popularity, which it probably won't, it'll be a long while before Joss gets another such bet.

10. gunnermac

gunnermac Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm pleased to hear Dollhouse is getting a few more eps to show it's worth. Actually when I saw ep.1 I was pretty thrilled -This show looked very interesting and with a enorumors potential for storytelling. Then came episode 2-5
    2: Target; The one with the hunter who likes to hun humans...boring stuff.
    3: Stage Fright; Horrible episode made me forget the whole thing for 5 weeks.
    4: Gray Hour; Somehow I managed to forget episode 3 and saw this, I was not very impressed. And wrote the show off.
    5: True Believer; One dull evening I decided to watch this ep anyway -and I'm glad I did. It turned out OK, it was not really good or anything, but not painfull to watch :) So I decided to give the show a fair chance of 10 eps.

After ep 6 (Man on the Street) I was hooked, I just loved the November tvist :)

So in my opinion this show needed to find its footing and direction of story with the cast. I think they found it and i'm looking forward to learn more about the dolls and their puppeteers.

11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I keep hearing about this twist that happened in the 6th episode but I missed that one. What exactly happened?

12. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Ballard's girlfriend is/was an active.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I finished the season 2 days ago (burned through it in 3 days) and I liked it more than I expected and you can tell when FOX got there fat asses out of Whedon's show because while the first 6 episodes were good (1 stinker the Vault episode) the last 6 episodes were much much better.

I like the action, humor and the characters are growing on me (loved the virus ep that made them all kids and the laser tag scenes). The plots are getting better ans the whole mythology of the show has been done really well, I especially like the public being asked about Dollhouse.

Look forward to season 2 though I think it will be canned due to FOX's refusual to move the show though the fall could help as Fall fridays do better than mideseason fridays. Also keep the show as 13 episodes I don't want 22 (Joss do cable).