Cacelled Shows 2012-2013

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, May 11, 2013.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Barring any miracles or late additions, the full list of cancelled network shows and some cable ones of interest:
    (I realize some of these 'ended' and were not cancelled.)

ABC:
    666 Park Avenue
    Body of Proof
    Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
    Family Tools
    Happy Endings
    How to Live With Your Parents For The Rest of Your Life
    Last Resort
    Malibu Country
    Private Practice
    Red Widow
    Zero Hour

CBS:
    CSI: NY
    Golden Boy
    The Job
    Made in Jersey
    Partners
    Rules of Engagement
    Vegas

CW:
    Cult
    Emily Owens, M.D.
    Gossip Girl

FOX:
    Ben and Kate
    The Cleveland Show
    COPS (moved to Spike)
    Fringe
    The Mob Doctor
    Touch

NBC:
    1600 Penn
    30 Rock
    Animal Practice
    Deception
    Do No Harm
    Go On
    Guys with Kids
    The Office
    Ready for Love
    Rock Center with Brian Williams
    Up All Night
    Whitney

Flashpoint (ION)
    Southland (TNT)
    Leverage (TNT)
    Boss (Starz)
    Alphas (Syfy)
    Wedding Band (TBS)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars (CN)
    Enlightened (HBO)
    Buckwild (MTV)
    Jersey Shore (MTV)
    The Inbetweeners (MTV)
    Futurama (Comedy Central)
    Dirty Jobs (Discovery)

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Red Widow
    Family Tools
    How To Live With Your Parents

The Neighbors may yet join them too. Despite earlier reports, ABC have now decided to 'hold' that renewal.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Typo alert, first NBC should be ABC.

I'm surprised that Malibu Country and Body of Proof got canceled. Both seem like good filler for when all ABC's shows next season get canceled again. :lol:

Hopefully it means more The Neighbors, best new comedy.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not sure Futurama should be on the list for this season, because while it's no longer in production, there's still one 13-episode broadcast season (aka the second half of the seventh production season) to be aired starting next month.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

sucks about Vegas. i found it to be a very enjoyable show.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought Simpsons was ending this year. Guess I was psyched again.

I was all psyched up to see what they did for the series finale too.

The only show I'm surprised was cancelled is 1600 Penn. Especially since their entire Thursday night comedy lineup except for Parks & Rec is ending. What the heck else are they going to show in that block next year, more lame three camera sitcoms?

Also I might have expected to see South Park on this list, since for the first time they skipped their spring run and are just doing a ten episode fall run. Maybe it didn't get included because it will have a fall run, but I would not be shocked if those are the last ten South Park episodes.

7. Raze

Raze Ensign Newbie

Wow. A lot of big names on that list. Not sure if it means cable companies are going down, or they have better alternatives.

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Golden Boy is canceled already? Shame.

9. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have no reason to watch NBC anymore. No Smash and No Rock Center. Horrible network!

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no clue where you get your info. The Simpsons never even hinted it would ed this year, when it ends it will be all over the news.

1600 Penn did horribly and was pretty much DOA.

Community is returning with Parks and Rec.

South Park creators want to do less episodes, but the show will probably continue for some time to come. Comedy Central wasn't the ones that lowered the episode count.

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I liked several of those cancelled shows. I thought Happy Endings was kind of funny. I loved Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23. I thought that was hysterical.

I started watching How to Live with Your Parents..., primarily for Sarah Chalke. It was okay.

Still bummed about Futurama.

:scream:

All I could think of was Jerry's T-Shirt...

:)

12. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Surprising everyone, Community has been picked up for its 5th season (no movie yet).

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I'm over this new Community. I still got 5 eps on my DVR I haven't gotten around to, and I'm not really dying to see them.

Otherwise, the only show on there I'm sad to see go is Southland.

Happy Endings was good, but like a lot of popular or acclaimed shows, it just wasn't something I really needed to see.

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I read that the voice actors had to take a significant pay cut in order for the show to remain profitable, and that the future episode from last year was written as a series finale not knowing whether the show would get renewed another year.

I think network TV is losing me, period, though. Now other than Parks & Rec and a handful of the serial game shows there's no show on a major network that inspires me to come watch it week to week. Even the new shows that get hyped up like Hannibal range from terrible to mediocre.

No interesting character studies like House, no exciting action serials like 24. Every writer who knows how to make a character interesting moved to cable and premium networks.

I need to catch up on Nurse Jackie, Game of Thrones and Louie.

16. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The impression I get is that the Simpsons is immune from cancellation.

17. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't been following the news on this stuff, I'm surprised to learn that 1600 Penn, Go On, and especially Touch are ending. I just finished watching the season finale for Touch. I'm really disappointed that there won't be another season! I had no idea it wasn't doing well.

Go On was interesting but I'm not terribly upset at it ending. Missing from your list is The New Normal. Another show that I've been keeping up with but won't miss all that much.

It is a shame about 1600 Penn though. I thought it would be stupid but I ended up finding it really funny. And the finale was a shocker! :lol:

18. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of all the shows on the list, I'll miss Go On the most. I really came to love the show, moreso for it's supporting cast, including John Cho, than for Matthew Perry.

Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, Happy Endings, How to Live With Your Parents For The Rest of Your Life all fell under the "eh, there's nothing else to watch on, I'll watch these" category. Like 1001001, I only watched How to Live With Your Parents for Sarah Chalke. In all honesty, it felt like a watered down "Don't Trust the B---[/i], with Polly instead of June, and the parents instead of Chloe. That and the fact that the first episode, with her running out of her old life, in the rain, with her daughter made it seem like her (then) husband was a horrible human being, but then they seemed to pull back on that and made him a lovable loser type, whom Polly, in the most recent episode, tried to hook up with a hot woman.

I never loved Happy Endings as much as sources like Entertainment Weekly did. I was happy to see Eliza Coupe, as she was one of the best things about the last few seasons of Scrubs, which, I admit, is damning with faint praise.

The Office paled in comparison to what it used to be and it should have bowed out gracefully a few years ago. Futurama due to it's schedule and the fact that it's been cancelled before doesn't even register to me. Maybe, after seeing the last episodes, I'll miss it more, but it could have been cancelled a year or two ago for all it's affecting me.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it's not returning in the fall when the new seasons start unless it finds another channel.

I'm devastated over Go On. I thought that it was one of the best assembled casts on television. I alternately laughed out loud and teared up during each episode. I think it has some good odds of finding another home. (If Cougar Town can live on...)

20. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

good riddance. They actually could have cancelled everything currently on broadcast tv and I wouldn't have cared,,,same for all the supposedly superior cable shows like bates motel, defiance, etc This had to be the worst tv season ever coming off of a decade of crappy tv seasons and next season doesn't look any better.