How does Seve of Nine look like naked???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Shat Happens, Dec 17, 2013.

?

How does Seven of Nine look naked???

1. Good

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. Bad

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know this sounds like an absurd question, but let me explain: when the character 7/9 was created, they choose her to be portrayed by a good-looking actress (=hot), which Jeri Ryan is.

When they gave her the famous catsuit that polarized so many opinions, it was explained in-universe as "been designed by the Doctor with certain properties that would help her maintain her human skin once her Borg exoplating had been removed" (source: wikipedia )

So, considering 1) her horrible appearance as a full Borg drone and 2) if the Doctor wasn't able to remove all of the visible implants, probably he had to leave some in other parts of her body too,

Without the techno suit, does she look like a burn victim? would one see flesh without skin? scars in later seasons? is she a female Freddy Krueger from the neck down? a Cenobite?

or does she look like Jeri Ryan all over ?

2. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In-universe, I think we can assume that she would have a bunch of scars where the Borg stuff was attached to her body.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Scars don't exist in the future, unless you want them to, or you don't have access to the tech.

Dermal regenerators.

Little q takes her clothes off in his adventure, and the Doctor has a dream about painting her naked.

I think functionality is another word for unrestricted movement.

(Is what she is always wearing a 24th century jogging suit? Now think about the stereotypical wise guys and guidos (And seniors) in 20th century jogging suits they wear for all occasions.)

Is there canonical evidence that her cat suits do any thing medical?

If they did, why does she spend all that time regenerating every day?

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

She regenerates instead of sleeps. So I don't think it's any more (probably less) than people sleep?

She would have looked awful, probably terrible skin and scars and discoloration after they peeled that Borg suit off. But they can do anything in the future.

5. Guy Gardener

They removed a third of a her skull in the Gift.

I could argue that they were standing there completely awake for 6 or 7 ours a day if it wasn't for Unimatrix Zero.

Borg Consciousnesses in the Hive are sent places during regeneration, but of course these drones on Voyager do not belong to a networked Hive.

So, were did the %99 of the Borg go during regeneration who didn't go to Unimatrix Zero?

There can't be a workhouse for their minds, becuase other wise their truancy would have been noticed.

Hmmm?

6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Well' we got a glimpse of her bare arms in "Tsunkatse" , I guess the rest of her would have some kind of implant scars like that. Although, she did have a perfectly lovely bare back in "Q2".

7. Guy Gardener

That's called "Bacl". In the context of a human nude, what we saw of Jeri's body, it's called "Full Bacl".

There's a Board-member called Bacl.

I smile when I see that name.

8. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would she have kept wearing the suit, once she was "healed," or whatever? If it kept her skin soft and smooth, she might like it! There may be a form of vanity at work, here ... aside from just the look of it, on her.

9. Guy Gardener

Well she didn't care is what we got from Q2, but she wanted a blue uniform is what we got from Human error.

10. teacake

But red is her favorite colour.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picard wore those band-aids in "The Best of Both Worlds Part II" [link]. So, the suit isn't unreasonable, at least not for a period of time up to a season.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  12. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I feel it must be pointed out that all instances of partial nudity were inconclusive: Q, Jr. can do whatever and the Doctor was just fantasizing.

13. Guy Gardener

The Doctor has not only seen every member of the crew "mostly" to completely naked during their physicals, but considering that his eyes in his head are not how he sees things, but instead this lightbulb uses (10's of?) thousands of sensors placed about in sickbay to scan the room... So really he should be able to see through an length of light as well through their clothes, since his "eyes" should at least be as good as the sensors on the transportor pads that help pull people apart and put them back together again.... Or 200 networked tricorders circling the patient.

(Unless in an effort to seem human to his patients, the EMH isn't using 99 percent of his visual abilities.)

If this was true, when using his mobile emitter, the Doctor is almost handicapped.

14. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

If there were Borg implants on her body, wouldn't we see them disturbing the smooth lines of the cat suit? And we know scars are totally optional in the 24th century. If the Doctor bothered to stimulate hair growth I expect he removed the scars too.

15. Guy Gardener

There's "stuff" bobbing on her surface... But most of it are roots.

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Would this conversation exist if this character were male? I rather doubt it.

17. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it might, more or less. The title of the thread might be worded in a slightly less provocative way if Seven were male, and I doubt it would have such a crass poll attached, but I'll bet you a search through threads from the past would turn up at least one conversation of a similar nature about the aftereffects of Borg assimilation on Picard's body, too.

18. Guy Gardener

Well they were all Borged Up in season 6.

The Doctor probably looked like a Dog digging a hole, pulling out all the servos and widgets out of Tuvok, and he may have even had to build him a new penis if the Borg consider sexual organs to be irrelevant... Which is an old Locutus argument.

Actually, if they knew Picard had to have his genitals replaced, and the plan was to be assimilated and castrated, then perhaps before this mission, the Doctor could have castrated Tuvok and the others, replaced what was excavated with disposable clone meat, while putting the genuine articles in storage, to be reattached after the day is won.

19. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing directly relevant to what you just said, I just want to say that I always look forward to reading your posts. :lol:

20. teacake

I too enjoy reading about castrated penis meat with my morning coffee.