Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm missing the ISS 1701 and the Kelvin. The Kelvin will be billed Friday. I am in the US, so I also don't have what hasn't been released to the subscribers here, but i don't count those as missing.

2. Sans

To date, i have spent US $1455.03. Granted, that is since October 2013. So, on avg, $52 a month for the last 28 months.

That includes specials (but not the Kelvin yet), the shuttles, the extra binders, the Mirror ship, and the VOY plaque. I'm going to try to save some money Friday and buy the Kelvin (cheaper online right now) and the Defiant plaque.

I make it a point not to tell my wife that total unless flat out asked.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Still waiting on the ISS Enterprise (on backorder) and Kelvin (by end-of-week, hopefully). Just got the Defiant plaque today, though, and it is beautiful. It amazes me how well made these plaques are. They don't feel quite like metal, but they're definitely sturdier and made of something heavier than typical injection-molded plastic. They really are top-notch.

4. Sans

My biggest complainant about them is that they are not 1:1. At this time, i can not remember the rest of my (small) complainants.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I decided to order the ISS Enterprise earlier as they have a sale on at the moment.

6. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1:1 scale starships would be very difficult to build and ship. :guffaw:

7. 137th Gebirg

I think Sans was referring to the dedication plaques, actually. :)

8. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. Sans

I think i would need a bigger boat.

Update on the ISS Enterprise. Called at the start of last week and they had told me it has shipped. Did not reseavie it yet so I called them again last Monday. The Rep told me he would look in to it. I just got his today:

Hello Mr *******,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have asked for any tracking information that we had for your order, but it seems that this has not in fact been able to be sent as yet and the estimate for despatch has had to be revised to January 30th - which is noted on the webpage for the item now.

We are only now aware of this as this has not been mentioned to us before

Apologies for this delay against what was previously expected.

Kind regards

Paul​

10. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I think they're made out of cold cast resin.

11. Sans

Because they didn't realize just how popular this one was going to be. I don't think we will have this issue with the next mirror issue.

12. Sans

Wanted to pass this on, the online shop has the Kelvin at $34.36 and if you hadn't got the plaques, they are $15.96 each.

Just ordered the Kelvin and the Defiant Plaque for $50.32 (free S&H). Other wise I would have paid the $39.95 for the Subscription Kelvin and about $21 for the plaque (plaque plus S&H) for a total of about $60.95.

13. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, besides them not being full-sized reproduction plaques, the lettering on most of the plaque (besides the ship name) is embossed, when it should be raised lettering on the Voyage and Defiant (and upcoming NX-01) plaques. But they are nice for the price!

That said, I wish they put a "hanging hole" in the back of them to easily mount on a wall.
    The 1701 plaque looks gorgeous! I hope they do the nuTrek Enterprise as well, and perhaps something nobody else has done before: the Enterprise A,B and C. I will gladly pay for those!

14. Kaidonni

Kaidonni Lieutenant Red Shirt

Egads...Eaglemoss seem to have done it again. Quite a few ships have come back into stock on the UK side...or have they? Actually, no, some of them haven't - the Defiant and Enterprise E were back in stock for a couple of hours at best. Either a) they ordered a pitiful amount of ships; b) there was a major run on the store in that very short space of time; or c) somebody pressed the wrong button.

I think c) is most likely - it's precisely what happened back on Black Friday at the end of November with the Akira and Steamrunner (they did come back in stock a week later, though - I had to phone to be completely certain). The only actual way to know for certain about some of the other back-in-stock ships that haven't been taken back out of stock again is for me to telephone customer services; the discount is applying to the ones I've put in my basket, and that was the only indicator something was wrong on Black Friday - it wasn't applying when it should have been.

15. Sans

Does anyone know about now long between placing an order online with Eaglemoss and getting a shipping notice is?

16. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

apparently I live near a shipping hub. Many times I have box in hand before the email announcing shipping even gets to me.

17. 137th Gebirg

I got the Defiant dedication plaque within days of ordering it. They're pretty quick when the stuff is in stock.

Still no word on the ISS-E that's on back-order.

18. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I ordered the ISS-E on Tuseday evening, paid the extra for fast delivery so hopefully I'll have mine come Monday or Tuesday.

19. Kaidonni

Kaidonni Lieutenant Red Shirt

I do wish Eaglemoss would make up their minds on what is and isn't in stock...they've been moving everything about today on the UK store. Maybe they did a stock take, updated the list, and found they'd make a few mistakes (or maybe they got more stock in, but upon updating the list, found the mistakes they also made).

I'm still on the wall about Voyager...on the one hand, it's only £7.49 at the moment, but on the other hand, I'm quite careful with spending money and don't know how it'd stack up against the other ships I have (Enterprise D, NX-01, Akira, Steamrunner, Sabre, Norway, Phoenix). It does look like they messed up a bit on Voyager, but do the images online make it look worse than it really is? I go with Irish Trekkie for his reviews, but have seen the most detailed photos of Voyager via the Trek Collective review.

I'm also eyeing up the Intrepid and the original Enterprise.

20. 137th Gebirg

I'm actually kind of surprised that Dimesdan was able to order the ISS-E. Every time I've looked at it since I placed the order weeks ago it's been grayed out and listed as out-of-stock. Here's hoping we're finally going to see it.