Dexter

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Sep 18, 2011.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

You'd think he'd at least remember to lock the freakin door first. lol

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just maybe... the part of Deb that wants to be with Dexter is like the part of Dexter that wants Deb to know what he is.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dexter doesn't want to be with any woman sexually.

The closest he came was with Rita because they shared goals and wanted to live the same life. That's got mostly little to do with sex.

(What about Lumen? Shut up.)

Debra is being an idiot.

Is Harrison really going to call her "Aunty Mommy"?

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What about "Miss Pardon my tits?"

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

This season has been lacklustre. They have ignored some basic rules of common sense in order to make the story work, and really Dexter would certainly have been caught the way he has been acting.

However, I am very glad they finally had Deb find out the truth about him, or some of it at least, and I really look forward to seeing what they do with it next year.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Since the entire season accomplished nothing except for the cliffhanger, I have to wonder why they didn't just have Deb discover Dexter at the end of the fifth season.

And, boy, the cliffhanger wasn't set up at all. Debra wandering into the Church is so removed from the rest of the episode that it seems like a late minute after thought included so that something of consequence happened this season. At least the fifth season built to that final moment (though, of course, it resolved things with a terrible cop-out).

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

And "Nebraska" wasn't even the worst of the season. If it's one of the worst television episodes of the year, then several other episodes of season six would also qualify.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Obviously the writers didn't have clue about what they were doing.:rommie:

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

This season had a new showrunner.

9. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But if they had set it up, people would have complain that it was sooooooo predicable

10. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

To be honest, the only reason I disliked this season was because of how prevalent they're making the imaginary friends. I hated it enough when Harry first showed up, but now we're up to at least three of them, or four if the psychologist really does turn out to be one for Deb.

It's getting as bad as Battlestar Galactica's use of angels, except at least BSG had a bona fide reason for it.

11. davejames

Yeah, and he's hinted in interviews that he felt that was a cop-out at the end of Season 5 too, and that they just couldn't push the moment back any further.

12. davejames

Yeah I can't say I'm a huge fan of those Dexter/Harry scenes either. It was put to fairly good use in the third and fourth seasons I guess, but now their conversations are so banal and predictable that it just kinda feels like episode filler now.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Despite all the negative comments am sure Dexter audience will be virtually the same next season though I wish after this ending, season 7 would be the last.

In order of favourite after this season...

14. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, it didn't.

15. Gothowitz

Gothowitz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I blame Executive Producer and Star Trek Enterprise Naval-Gazer Manny Coto, who came into play at the beginning of Season 5 and unfortunately stayed for Season 6.

The two worst Seasons of Dexter.

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

He stared at navy ships?

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I think my ranking would be more like this...

It's really fallen to pieces in the past two seasons, and the third and fourth seasons were quite a step down from the first two years, too. I'm not looking forward to seeing Dexter's downfall padded out for another 24 episodes (if not more, since this is Showtime).

Of course, if I end up moving out of my current living arrangement before next season, I may not watch the rest of the series at all. I can't say I'm very enthused to do so.

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Not enthused to do what? Move out or watch the end of the series?

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Watch the end of the series. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

My review...

Season 6

I saw all of season 6 earlier this week. I didn't know much going in except that Edward James Olmos was in it. I heard that he was playing yet another serial killer and my only thought was... Ugh. It sounded like more of the same. When I began watching though, I left that mindset behind and enjoyed the show. It was entertaining all the way through with a lot of ups and downs.

- This season made excellent use of the secondary characters, moreso than previous seasons did. It felt like everyone had a story and a purpose. Even HeadHarry seemed more relevant, given what was going on with Travis and Gellar.

- I've warmed up to Quinn sufficiently enough that I didn't mind his antics and even found them amusing.

- I didn't like the new guy at first with his condescending nitpicky tone, but I can see myself warming up to him the way I did with Quinn. A little of that happened already over the course of the season. Regardless of how I feel about him, he is an interesting character.

- This show is very predictable but I never once suspected that Gellar was all in Travis' mind and when I saw Gellar in the freezer, it took me a second or two to figure out what was going on. It was a total surprise and I don't mind being called an idiot for not figuring it out because I feel like one. Seems like everyone saw it coming but me. I wasn't paying attention to any of the clues and had no reason to.

- I too was hoping for a better sendoff for Olmos. He had his last scene, then he was just gone. Makes sense, but still...

- I wish Dexter didn't have a kid. And what happened to the old babysitter anyway?

- Dexter has gotten sloppy this season. Really sloppy. Harry's code looked like it was pretty much thrown out the window with Dex killing indiscriminately and in the open, along with leaving evidence all over the place. What I found most careless was him sending Travis a video message. He's leaving a pretty big record right there for anyone to find. And to top it all off, he sets up a half-assed kill room right in the church that's part of an investigation. No wonder he got caught.

- Dexter is supposed to be going after bad guys who escaped justice, but the whole season was about him going after someone the police were onto anyway. Good for the police for finally being on the ball, but what a bad move for Dexter for taking on this case and interfereing. The thing I liked least about his interference was that he prevented Gellar's good name from being cleared. From what I got, he was cleared, but the police were still left to believe that he was involved with Travis for a while.

- The season started off with Dexter taking down two paramedics involved with organ harvesting. Funny because over the last few months, I thought it would be nice to see a season-long arc involving someone who harvests organs.

- Speaking of love interests, Deb being in love with her brother has my interest and I can't wait to see that play out.

- The season's cliffhanger was quite a shocker. I may even start watching live because I'm anxious to see how this all goes down.

Looking forward to season 7.

Really? Never knew that. I wonder if we'll see them again. I'm interested in their relationship with Dexter. Did he even have a chance to adopt them?

Something that was pretty much dropped after season 1.

Wow! You really nailed that one. :eek: