TNG moments that made you want to cry(or did)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Bones_McCoy21, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

"Au revoir, Natasha."

Tasha's funeral evokes a surprising amount of emotion considering how little her character was developed over the course of the season. I'd say that scene, more than anything else that season, helped define the rest of the characters by listening to how Tasha described them and seeing their reactions. The writing, acting and music really came together nicely there.

2. TheBorgQueen

TheBorgQueen Ensign Newbie

When Tasha Yar was killed..

3. TheBorgQueen

TheBorgQueen Ensign Newbie

sorry, I didnt see that before I posted about it.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thought of some others. Nooien Soong's death scene is pretty touching, & ironically when Data deactivates Lore, there's still remorse there

5. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

The scene in Darmok, with Picard and Dathon sitting around the campfire sharing mythologies until Dathon dies. Gets me every time.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Lal's death scene in "The Offspring".

"I love you, father."
    "I wish I could feel it with you."
    "I will feel it for both of us... thank you for my life."

7. I-Am-Prepared!

I-Am-Prepared! Ensign Red Shirt

Only the end of "All Good Things".

8. AloriaDax

AloriaDax Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The part in Final Mission when Wesley is pouring out his love for Picard. That always hits me right in the feels. :(
    And I think you have to be made of stone not to feel something at Tasha's funeral. I didn't even care about her and I cried.

9. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

The last scene together where Riker and Picard are talking in Nemesis. Riker says...."serving with you has been an honour"...Picard replies..."the honour was mine....captain.." At that very moment, almost 20 years of TNG Trek was over. This was made worse when I read about how Patrick Stewart had to do a lot of re-takes because he was crying.

10. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    The episode where Picard and Wesley are stuck in a cave with no water and Picard passes out from dehydration.

Wesley find the water spring and hand feeds the water to Picard and insists that he live.

After the way Picard treated that kid and Wesley still wanted to save his life...well, I don't know that I would've been as compassionate Wesley.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

That episode has a lot of good moments and was a very nice send-off to Wesley. I liked Picard's parting words to him.

I don't think any scene in TNG has made me want to cry, I'm not usually prone to crying at movies/TV. But that's not to say there are not a lot good, emotional, scenes in the series.

12. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I was 10 when Generations came out. This was way before internet spoilers were around. I had no idea the ship would be destroyed, so when that whole sequence with the Klingons began, it kind of took my breath away sitting in that chair. First the stardrive section exploded and I remember thinking, wait, it's gone!? The part that always gets me is when everything comes to halt and Riker looks up at the sky through the bubble window at the top of the bridge. That, in combination with the music at that moment, always gets to me even to this day.

Gene always said the Enterprise was a character like any other, and loosing the E-D still gets to me when I re-watch the movie.

13. TroiFan4ever

TroiFan4ever Commander Red Shirt

It makes me sad when in "Dark Page", in the dark aboretum scene, Lwaxana tells Troi about how Kestra drowned to death in the pond.

Also, let's not forget Tasha's death in "Skin of Evil".

14. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Masks :evil:

Though to be fair to TNG, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by Lal's death. :weep:

15. Reeborg

Reeborg Commander Red Shirt

For me its a scene from "Inner light" the probe launching. When his dead friend and especially his dead wife reappear. You can really feel the love that old Picard has for his wife. A really heart-warming scene.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I wanted to cry every time the writers gave god-awful dialogue to Wesley in the first two seasons. Even though he was in his teens, sometimes they wrote him like he was twelve.

17. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

When Picard's wife dies in "The Inner Light," plus the missile scene for this episode; Tasha's funeral; in "Lower Decks" when Picard tells the crew of the ensign's death.

Also, when Wesley got hit in the face with the banana split. hahahaha