The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, if they found more, it was off-screen. Not to say they couldn't have grabbed ammo off of any of the giant group of dead soldiers around the CDC, though. That should have set them up for life, as every one of them would have had machine/hand guns and ammo on them, although they might have to add some together to combine clips and whatnot.

Also could have found stuff in the traffic jam easily enough, they had forever to look...

2. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope not. Too depressing.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Living here in the greater Atlanta area there must be a Wal*Mart store every 5 miles - even in rural communities. The production costs related to recreating that enviornment was probably not cost effective nor likely would Wal*Mart want to lend there name to a zombie flick [or maybe so? ;) ] but it's surprising that type of store wasn't used as a re-supply location.

Any Wal*Mart store could have supplied the group with everything for life.

4. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ I agree, except that with the fleeing of the population from Atlanta and the greater metro area, I bet the Walmarts were the first things targeted for, at first stocking up and then later, looting...

5. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Want to see heartless monsters attacking people (possibly resulting in death) in Wal-Mart & it being ravaged of all its merchandise? Just stop by Thursday at 10pm. No doubt we'll see video on YouTube soon...

I can imagine the poster with the slogan will be condensed from "Save Moey, Live Better" to "Save Lives"

6. McDuff

McDuff Commander Red Shirt

One word: Boring

I couldn't bear this show after the first episode of season 2. I tried to watch the second episode. Zombies are boring, characters boring. After watching great shows like Games of Thrones this show is not doing it anymore for me. We know nobody of importance is going to die.

Maybe it miss Darabont touch.

7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

See I don't understand this opinion. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to it but I still don't get it.

8. McDuff

I really tried. I had many season 2 episodes lined up tonight to watch on my DVD. With the little kid just been shot from "last episode". But I just wouldn't care and found the dialogue tedious in a few seconds.

But I must say, while I find Zombie movie fun from time to time. I feel like they are boring unresponsive enemy. I don't feel their threat. So I'm not such a big Zombie fan even if I like horror movie very much.

I think it's worst without Darabont.

9. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

The actors are only a few years apart in age.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

These episodes were pretty much written before Darabont was fired IIRC. I think they still represent his vision for the show if that is the case.

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot more zombie encounters that were removed from the final script due to budget cuts.

12. McDuff

Why? You think they need to cut on the make up and extras budgets?

Zombies actions can't cost that much.

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

No, the makeup is definitely expensive, and the time needed to apply it is extensive.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^And doing the effects for the killing of the zombies is really expensive.

15. McDuff

Probably a couple of hundred thousands dollars per episodes no doubt.

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Pssst, we won't be seeing the episodes after Darabont's departure until it returns in Ferbruary probably.

17. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see the pacing complaints either. I always enjoy the show, even though as a fan of the comic books series I was prepared to be disappointed.

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Actually, Jon Bernthal appeared at a Convention with his shaved head, and Darabont was still running it, so, definitely he didn't leave until after Shane shaved his head

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The funny thing about Shane teaching Carl how to shoot is, he probably just signed his own death warrant.

20. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

We can only hope. Though I'm not sure which of those characters annoys me more.