Mortal Superman?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Crewman47, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

In Smallville, Clark Kent has lost his powers several times, making him mortal and completly vulnerable to injury and/or death, which I've wondered just now after watching the first three episodes in season five of Smallville is what would happen if Clark lost a limb or suffered a severe disibility or disfigurement while being mortal and then days later has his powers restored? Would he regrow his lost limb and regenerate from his disablement or disfigurement or would be that way for a short time or always?

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Claire Bennett can re-grow a foot, certainly Supes can.

What would happen if you cut off his head?

Oh wait. Isn't Supes invulnerable? Can you cut off body parts?

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ As the OP said though this theoretically takes place during the events of the Mortal Arc where Superman loses all of his powers.

I would, however, assume that he would regenerate similar to Wolverine should his powers be restored.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I dont think he's been shown to have regenerative abilities. So if he loses an arm its gone for good.

5. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He's been shown able to heal even fatal wounds delivered to him though magic or kryptonite near instantly once the kryptonite or magic is removed or gone, if that translated to generating a lost limb i don't know but i would think so.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

We heal but don't regenerate limbs. Supes is probably the same.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh okay. So what would happen if someone chopped off his head?

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yes im not sure where this notion that Superman can regrow his limbs comes from, the issue has not come up, due to his limbs being very hard to chop off in the first place.

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a Superman expert at all. But I think it would be kind of weird if he could regrow a leg that had been chopped of.
    However it would kind of make sense if he would be able to put it pack on the stump und heal it back together.

Oh, and if someone chopped of his head than he'd be dead. End of story. :vulcan:

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

its possible a limb could reattached itself, if he flow really close to the source of his power, the sun.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This.

12. T.Geiger

T.Geiger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

While he's never lost a limb, he has broken them before. It takes time to heal them up. Not as much time as humans, true, but long enough its clear that its a normal healing process.