Petition to bring back a killed Walking Dead character (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 18, 2013.

1. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

...Was that a pun?

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Not intentional :shifty:

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Give the man a hand. :)

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, quit handing him so much grief over a pun. He just picked a handy expression, that's all. He shouldn't have to handle topics with such care.

Anyway, I agree that if they could handwave away Merle's departure, that would be great.

And if people are polling for Andrea and not for Merle, that's obviously a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. I bet I could count the total votes for Andrea on both hands.

:D

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if somehow they bit on this (no pun intended) how could they even bring her back?

6. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While Michael Rooker played the part well, Merle was inconsistently written, half the time as a moronic redneck stereotype, with a shoehorned in redemptive arc in his last episode. He's not that much worth more saving than Andrea... but then, this is Walking Dead, character is not the show's strong point.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't quote me; I was just making a lot of hand jokes.

But seriously, I don't think he was that inconsistent. He changed over time, like a lot of the characters. It just looked choppy because we didn't see that much of him.

8. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

'Over time' being 'from episode to episode.' Merle suffered particularly because besides being a jerk the writers didn't get a handle on his other aspects (and judging from the way the back half of the season was written it feels like they only had vague summaries of each other's episodes to go on.)

What strengths Walking Dead's writing has in terms of character are really only true in terms of individual episodes rather than consistent character arcs, like last season's "Clear."

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd say you let it get out of hand.

10. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

Wouldn't that be a jump the shark moment.

I liked Andrea, even though she made some foolish mistakes. If they did something as foolish as bring her back then I wouldn't watch it anymore.