Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was tough to miss some of those days of the shoot, we had a crew of over 120 and a cast topping out at about 50 so it was certainly a good size production at a fully functional stage. The days were long and the nights short but worth every moment. The whole crew gelled together so well, several of us from the STOGAM days and so many new faces, many industry professionals. The way it was filmed and some of the great actor performances were amazing.

There were one or 2 things that probably could have been a little better (as mentioned in some comments) but overall it was wonderful time, yielding some great material. Now its on to 7-8 months of post-production and editing. We will be working on a new trailer as soon as possible.

We will also be selling many of the props used in the production, funds will go towards our 3 VFX teams to make the quality of the CGI as good as possible. Of course quality from Tobais Richter, Mike Struck and Chris Dawson speak for themselves. :)

It was great having you there Alec and so many others from Star Trek community who either helped or stopped by.

2. Shane Houston

Shane Houston Commander Red Shirt

Does selling off your props means that there won't be any new episodes after this one?

3. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Renegades is a one shot. I know Sky Conway hopes CBS might pick it up as a web series, but that is highly unlikely. The politics in actually getting a Star Trek series to production are massive.

But since Sky was able to raise almost $ 300,000 for this one, no reason he couldn't do another. I think fans will be very happy with the result of Renegades.

Alec

4. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Have you guys thought about getting somebody to novelize Renegades? You could release it as an ebook or something.

5. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

now i love that idea, i want the same thing

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Scott can always build more props. As for a novel that is also possible but just not on the table at this point in time.

7. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the idea was that this is a backdoor pilot?

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It is a pilot, if CBS were to pick it up as a tv or web series they would then fund future episodes then more props could be made as needed. If its not picked up then its a film for fans.

9. Freman

Hopefully we'll see a trailer soon. Any ETA on that?

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Well we are working on a short teaser now that will pretty much showcase the look of the production. A full trailer is going to take more time, need to get some vfx shots done also so we can bring you a more compete trailer.

11. Freman

Just saw the trailer over on the ST:R facebook page. Looks great, guys!!! :)

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

here is a link to the new teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZPbX2x3Ug

This is just a quick 'VFX lite' trailer using the recent footage we shot last month. This teasor is really to show what the style and tone of STR will be like.

13. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does look lovely, with great meakeup and set design!

I'm only really eyebrow-raised by the characters with glasses and/or ball caps. They may make sense in context, but they never say "Trek" to me. :)

Mark

14. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hated Voyager, but loved Tuvok, so I'm very much looking forward to this...I've only just noticed in Tom's signature, but Robert Picardo is also in this? AWESOME, he's long been a favorite, going back to his HOWLING days!

(it's almost a crime that Picardo isn't seen on tv or the big screen more often)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That trailer looked great, leaps and bounds better than the first tease that was put out last year. It doesn't really shed much more light on what this picture will be about, but the quality of the production looks a lot better based on this trailer than based on the first. Looking forward to the full release!

16. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

I had no idea that Picardo was also in this. "The Doctor" was the bright shining star of Voyager, so as far as I'm concerned this news elevates Renegades to "must see" status.

17. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Picardo's role as Doc Zimmerman is not as big as was originally planned this was do to a scheduling conflicts. Sean Young was brought to help fill that hole, she plays a disgraced Federation scientist who is also Zimmerman's lover. We are very glad we got Bob in for this project.

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Squee! Looking forward to it!

19. mothx

mothx Ensign Newbie

What I particularly like about it is: THE NEW VILLAIN ex-Xena BABE! It has a GREAT feel, dark sort of late ds9-ish or VOY-ish but a lot better, even more serious, absolutely amazing! The fx are great, the aliens are great, it is GREAT.

20. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

The transporter chief in "The Cage" wore glasses.