DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know that and then I found this:

from: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57801

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

man, sad to see Swamp Thing go. the only other book on that list i read is Aquaman and the Others. while its a fine book i'm not that broken up about its cancellation.

3. theenglish

Also based on this, I am going to assume Morrison's Multiversity will be completely ignored after the Convergence event:
    Ties into every story with the exception of Multiversity more likely.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm almost certain that a lot of those cancelled books are getting relaunched Post-Convergence. There's no way they're leaving John, Guy, and Kyle in limbo.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Multiversity" the story is supposed to be self-contained I believe. However the Multiversity guide book is supposed to have clarification on all the multiple Earths. I could be wrong on that.

@OdoWan Bleeding Cool has been reporting on a mini-relaunch in June after the move is completed. So yeah the GL books will be part of it. The GL writing team have teased big changes and that anything will be the same when they come back.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I wasn't going to keep reading Arkham Manor but if it's only 6 issues I think I'll keep picking it up. I've been enjoying the weekly books quite a bit but my wallet will certainly appreciate their cancellations.

7. Admiral_Young

It's probably only six issues because Duggan has signed an exclusive contract with Marvel (since he's at the retreat) Bleeding Cool suggested there might be an arrangement similar to Soule's for "Swamp Thing" when he signed his Marvel exclusive.

8. Savage Dragon

I noticed John Romita Jr. is going to be writing and drawing Superman #40. Has he written before?

9. Admiral_Young

It'll be his writing debut, and I'm guessing it's because Johns is involved in the big move and will be prepping for "Darkseid War".

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

That's too bad about Aquaman & the Others, it's current arc is really where I feel it was coming together as a solid concept. Still room to grow but that'll leave just the solo Aquaman and JLDark as my lone monthly pulls from DC.

I don't do these huge crossover tales cause so many are and have been largely disappointments. My monthly dollar will either be saved or funneled to trades. Either way I'm saving money as a percentage when books are cancelled that I dared to support monthly.

I'm eyeing Archie Comics superhero line of Dark Circle in '15 as the place my money is likely to end up. Only 3 books though.

11. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Its numbers were never good. Don't understand why they couldn't have kept it around just based on the writing/art quality of the book especially when shit like Catwoman is allowed to be published.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sad about Swamp Thing being cancelled, since Soule was leaving anyway. I've liked his run, but I was planning to stop when he left anyway. I also enjoyed World's Finest, although it had problems. I hope we still get a few earth 2 books when the Earth 2 weekly ends. Its far from perfect, but its an entertaining enough universe, and better than most of the normal Earth stuff.

13. Savage Dragon

Yeah, I am really digging the Earth 2 stuff.

14. Saga

i think Earth 2 really went off the rails here lately. just too many characters and they keep introducing characters. do we really need Earth 2 Dick Grayson and Babs? i'd rather they use Captain Steel which they've kinda forgot about. and you know maybe guys like Hourman or Wildcat who have yet to show up.

but Thomas Wayne takes the Hourman pill, isn't that good enough? no, its not.

15. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wildcat has recently shown up in one of the Earth-2 books.

16. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Now it's just too many writers, some of whom aren't very good and some horrible editors

17. Saga

well, Ted Grant did...

18. theenglish

I don't see Earth 2's cancellation anywhere. Has it been cancelled?

19. Admiral_Young

20. theenglish

So Earth 2 survives after all. I haven't read anything since August but I have quite enjoyed the series. Haven't decided if it would be worth picking up the weekly or not.

Personally, I want a Golden Age characters series set in WWII.