Which Car Is Better?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by All Seeing Eye, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Which is best to buy?

1. Peugeot 107

40.0%
  2. Citroen C1

60.0%
  1. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Gotten too big... go for the Outback.

In the commuterpod market, I am a fan of the two-seater Smart.

2. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I hate that they turned the Forrester into a clone of the RAV4, I'd take the Outback too.

3. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I've seen a few of those around here and they seem to do just fine in local traffic. I've seen one on the freeway, which is someplace I'd probably never drive one.

Something like the Smart would probably make an excellent commuter car for me though, I only drive 3 miles to work on local roads.

4. Dale

They're surprisingly roomy - I test drove one when they were first introduced here - and since they're made by BMW they're engineered well. They're also deceptively sturdy... like driving in a giant motorcycle helmet. Great crash ratings for a micro.

5. Mooch

Mooch Commodore Commodore

They're actually made by Daimler, you're thinking of Minis. :)

6. Dale

Right you are. It was the Smart I drove, though.

7. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I've driven a Smart on a Autobahn, and I'll say it handles surprisingly well up to ~120km/h or so. I've driven cars at that speed that were scarier. ;)

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, just had to get it out of my system. I'm just kinda tired about everybody and their mum getting a Prius. :rolleyes:

9. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Completely off topic but I would recommend this baby to anybody.

[​IMG]

2009 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with a Duramax diesel engine. Might be the old western American in me but this thing is sleek as hell. When I have the money one of these babies will be mine.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Ah you lost me at diesel. I agree with Jeremy Clarkson there when he say it's the Devils Fuel. Otherwise that car tingles the manly man in me :D

11. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Who the heck needs a vehicle THAT large? :cardie: wouldn't a small van do?

12. Dale

My Prius rocks the planet. It gets ridiculously good mileage and it's a good, solid, sturdy Toyota. Best car I ever bought.

13. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

But is it fun? I wouldn't have it in for the Prius in such a monumental way it it just was a bit fun. As it is, it isn't, and I can't for the life of me like it.

Granted I'll give that it's a way better car then my grandfathers Ford Focus that my mom has taken over. But that's not any standard to measure a car after.

14. Dale

For a guy craving a 2010 Camaro, no... it's not the car for you. It is remarkably smooth and quick, though. No hesitation off the line thanks to the electric motor assist and glides up toward 100 mph easily. It takes me 45 minutes to commute to work in the evenings, but at 3 am when the roads are clear the same trip takes me about 25 minutes!

Plus I fill up once a week and get change from a 20. ((shrug)) guess it's about what you need/want in a car.

15. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I have a 4-cylinder Saab with a whole lot less hp then even the V6 Camaro right now, and that's still a very fun car. I'm just saying it's possible to make combine fun and effiency.

Granted the leap from the Prius to a 426hp V8 Camaro is still quite wide.

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

The most fun little car I've ever driven was a (original, pre-BMW) Mini, those things are really fantastic, feels almost like a go-cart. ;)

17. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Diesel engines are more efficient than gasoline, whether it be in a pickup or a smaller car. If American cars had diesel engines, fuel prices would be less volatile, people would get better mileage, and engines would last much longer.

18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If you're gonna get a Peugot 107 you may as well get the recent update 'Peugeot 107 Verve'

Looks a bit better, and it comes in black, which is nice

Also I'd be weary of what a lot of people say on here. The majority of the Trek BBS population are Americans. And unless you drive a monster truck juggernaut to them it's too small and looks crap. So don't take it all to heart
    Plus what do they know about cars, most can't even use gears. That's not even real driving. Lazy fuckwits ;)

19. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    They sell those in England?

The Prius is a fun car for what it is. Granted, it doesn't appeal to that masculine need for horsepower and torque, but it is a neat little toy for the geek in you with all it's gadgets.

20. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I know, and it's really petty of me but...Diesel engines just sounds like trucks or tractors to me. I've yet to find a diesel engine (on the market aviable to the public) that I like the sound of.
    Don't really see the gadgets argument. Alright the touch screen was fun for about ten minutes. Then for another five when I discover I could change the color on it. You want to know the best things about my dads Prius? The stereo and the keyless entry. The rest I'm not overly impressed by.