Michael Okuda: Buy TNG Blu-ray sets to get DS9 on Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DS9forever, Apr 10, 2013.

1. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Way of The Warrior, and Favor The Bold/Sacrifice of Angels are comparable to BOBW, in a special effects showcase sense.

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

What about "Duet" as an idea for a sampler disc.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The problem with putting those CGI-VFX-heavy fleet scene episodes on a sampler disc is that it hasn't yet been determined if those scenes need to be completely redone for HD. If they do, I guarantee they won't be on a sampler.

4. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Going by TNG, they had the pilot, a dark, set-bound episode, and a fan-favourite with a lot of bright, open scenes.

Translating that to DS9, maybe they could have something like Emissary, Necessary Evil and Indiscretion?

I don't think there will be a sampler though. For TNG it was a much-needed proof of concept, and filled the long gap between the announcement of the project, and the release of season one.

With DS9, we have an idea how good it will look thanks to TNG, and of course Birthright. I guess they'll just go straight in to season one.

5. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

For the sampler, how about Emissary, Duet, Little Green Men, and Way of the Warrior?

A mix of different styles and tones. A pilot, a tense dramatic episode, a comedy, and an action/VFX episode?

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Or what they could do is rather than do a sampler disc, stick an episode(s) of DSN onto a bonus disc and release it as part of S7 of TNG.

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I doubt they'd do a sampler disc (they didn't do one for ENT either) I'm guessing we'd get the pilot ofcourse, a Klingon episode, and a tearwringer, like The Visitor or Far Beyond The Stars.