20 YEARS AGO TODAY: "But I'm Not Even Supposed to BE Here Today!"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by cooleddie74, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was great at the time - then I had a daughter and it really hit home.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    In honor of the Askewniverse I've changed my avatar to a screenshot from the Clerks Lost Scene.

Randal, Dante, Walt and Steve-Dave in one glorious little picture. If this doesn't get your Cow Tipper on I don't know what will.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Smith dishes some new details on Clerks III here.

It's a pretty interesting read, doesn't really reveal anything new, but I found this bit fascinating:

Now that has me extremely excited. I know Dante is probably happy with Becky, but wouldn't it be interesting for Veronica to show up again and cause even more problems in Dante's life? It'd be like the whole Caitlin Bree dilemma in the original film.

4. cooleddie74

Veronica might come back? Oh, suh-weeeeeet!

She hasn't been in anything in the Askewniverse since the original film, and was mentioned just once in the last 20 years - and that was in part of the jail scene of Clerks 2 that was left on the cutting room floor.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

What interests me even more than the Veronica clip is that Kevin is almost finished the first draft. That's some fast writing...so he must be in the "zone" right now and that is only a good thing. :)

6. cooleddie74

When he hits his stride and his juices are flowing just right he can crank out a script faster than most other writers in the business.

7. Admiral_Young

I'm jealous of his speed :( :)

8. cooleddie74

Apparently, if the stories are true, Kevin finished most of his shooting script for Clerks 2 during a family vacation to Las Vegas to see the sights (and play blackjack and Texas Hold 'Em with some of his friends). He lay on his hotel room bed with a laptop and pounded out a significant chunk of the C2 script before he and his wife Jen packed up and left town.

9. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

That's awesome that Veronica is coming back! She was at Chicago Comic-Con back in 2010. I didn't actually meet her, but I walked past her table and she looked almost the same as she did in Clerks. As much as I love the character of Dante, he was kind of a dick for treating Veronica the way he did and for being so quick to dump her just so he could be with Caitlin again, a person that he knows cheated on him multiple times. I'm hoping that her character in Clerks III is painted in a good light, because I always liked her.

I'm also wondering if Rosario Dawson is coming back. Kevin has spoken very highly of her and that she would definitely work with him again if he asked her.

10. Admiral_Young

The article confirms that everyone from "Clerks II" is back in "Clerks III" including Elias and Becky.

11. Toxteth O´Grady

Sweet! I was so excited about the news that I didn't even click the link! :lol:

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yep. Though I wonder if Elias will still be working in RST Video. A small time video store in this day and age doesn't really make sense anymore. Hell the actual RST Video is closed and is now just an empty part of the Quick Stop.

13. Admiral_Young

The opening shot of "Clerks III" will be of Randal and Elias leaning over the counter at the Quick Stop and a voice over (off camera) from Dante yelling "I'm not supposed to be here today, so you two better stop slacking off"! :)

14. cooleddie74

It was probably a given that the Clerks 2 regulars would be back for the new film, even Rosario. She had so much rollicking fun making the last movie and enjoyed her castmates so much that I would have been seriously disappointed had she said no.

I hope Kevin dips into the Askewniverse for supporting and cameo characters. Willam Black. Brodie Bruce. T.S. Quint. Alyssa Jones. Those kinds of people. We haven't seen some of them in close to 20 years. This film would be the perfect opportunity to bring at least a couple of them back for one last hurrah just in case Kevin doesn't make any more Askewniverse films after this one.

Besides, Randal and Brodie are cousins you know. The late, deeply perverted Cousin Walter is a relative of both.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

He does mention in that article that he will reference each of his past askewniverse films. I don't think it will be anything overt though. However, I'd love to see Alyssa show up with her other two sisters (after Clerks we never hear from Heather Jones again).

16. Toxteth O´Grady

I want all of Walt Flanagan and Scott Mosier's characters (except the one who died in Dogma) to all come into the Quick Stop at once. And then the two Willams meet for the first time, in which case the entire universe blows up.

CREDITS!

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Along those same lines, I'd love to see Brodie butt-heads with Blanky, specifically an argument over Archie's sexuality.

Of all the characters played by same actor, having those two collide would be the most fun.

18. cooleddie74

:lol:

Or create an alternate Askewniverse that would be directed by J.J. Abrams.

19. Admiral_Young

I'm sure that if Jason Lee is available at all scheduling wise that he would be in the film...it'd be nice if this film was a bit of a ViewAskewinverse reunion, but I don't know if I want the entire story cluttered by a bunch of cameos as awesome as that would be.

20. cooleddie74

A couple of old favorites that appear in a few scenes would be enough to entertain me. We know Brodie runs the comic shop in the area based on JASB and that Jay and Bob love comics. Brodie doesn't even have to interact with his cousin Randal or Dante at the Quick Stop. Just have Jay and Bob drop in to say hi and buy a couple of comics, set up a plot point and reintroduce the audience to Brodie, who'd now also be in his forties and probably just as set in his ways as the others.

Have Mosier as Willam standing outside the Quick Stop doing what he does best: acting strange. Show a TV news report about Alyssa Jones winning some big award for her comics and have Randal turn to Dante and say something like: "another local girl makes good. Didn't you bang her, man? I forget. You always had a gaggle of chicks."