Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Great post. Thanks.

2. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

This whole idea of CBS taking an interest in fam films and turning them into "real" shows reminds me of my feelings about Bigfoot and UFOs. Come back when you have some proof. Until then I don't want to hear about it.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

A big +1!

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ Completely agreed! When I was younger, and perhaps a bit more naive, I would have accepted the notion as well. I remember when Enterprise was coming back for a 5th season, and that CBS had accepted the outpouring of money and ideas from the fans! How did I know this?! Why, we were a part of a great campaign and CBS was listening to us! Many promises were made, and then... nothing.

The whole issue touched off more drama than anything, and we still feel and hear the echoes of that even now, some nearly 10 years later. I've been burned before, and I'm not foolish enough to go traipsing into the flames yet again.

The idea that CBS will just pick up a fan production because it has former Star Trek actors in it is silly. CBS doesn't have to do anything, and right now it's clear they don't want to do anything other than sit back and take in free money.

5. I amnot Herbert

I amnot Herbert Lieutenant Commander

@ tobiasrichter
    @ Titan Designer

Hi Tobias and Sean! :) (hope u r still posting here?)

I am IN LOVE with your work on Axanar! :bolian:

Your designs / models / renderings of Axanar ships / tech /environments / uniforms / characters are BREATH-TAKING... :luvlove:

What (all of) you guys are creating is a dream come true! :drool:

Is there any chance that a full-fledged tech manual, or maybe ship-spotter guides might be in the pipeline? (Axanar is doing a FANTASTIC JOB of fleshing out a franchise within the required limitations...) TRUE EXCELLENCE IMHO.

I LOVE AXANAR!!! :klingon:

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Something I posted in 'Future of Trek' that seems relevant here as well:

7. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Well said.

8. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

What a bizarre attitude. Why do you even care whether some Axanerds have attitudes you don't like? That makes no more sense than being "turned off" from NuTrek (or any other project) because some of its fans are assholes.

The thing that interests me about Axanar is Axanar, not any of this stupid bullshit about whether some of the backers think CBS is going to turn it into a show (and I'm sure any such delusions will work themselves out in due course, just as with Para Mobius' ST3-will-never-happen thing). People need to grow up.

9. I amnot Herbert

hmmmm... perhaps you are on the wrong forum? :wtf:

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. I think the desire to believe in this sort of thing comes from the same place as the desire to believe that a letter writing campaign of a million letters kept TOS on the air for a third season. Fans love to be flattered. Well said.

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yourself, for example.

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It's the appeal of being the small guy taking a stand against the giant corporate interest. You know, the whole "if we pull together, we can make this happen!" thing. It also feeds off of the notion that if "real" "true" fans get together, they can stop the false gods from being placed in the pantheon.

13. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

If you were watching a creative production being shown in the Rose Bowl, a couple dozen jerks who were loud and obnoxious would be unlikely to seriously bother you, and at the very least you could move to another seat some distance away from their antics.

If you were watching a creative production in a 50 seat theater those same jerks would seriously impact your enjoyment of the show, and you could not hide from them.

The Axanar fan community would by any measure be considered small, and there are few places to hide from the antics of those who are a bit obsessive about the production and its future.

14. I amnot Herbert

yep. we should all just sit back, shut up, and open wide for whatever drivel they shovel down our throats... more nu-trek please! well said, and +2 :rolleyes:

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not at all what I said.

16. BigJake

Eh, not buying it. The Axanar fan group on FB is five thousand users, Axanar's main page has ten times that (double the number of registered users of this Board), and a sufficiently tiny fraction of any of those manifest the belief that Axanar will be turned into a show by CBS that I wouldn't know about it at all but for the antics of the odd troll here.

17. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

[​IMG]

18. I amnot Herbert

sez the guy posting in the Axanar thread, on the Fan Production forum... :guffaw:

19. BigJake

You, however, are not helping.

20. I amnot Herbert

maybe you were being sarcastic? (shrug)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.