DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt very much that Clark & Lois will never date again. Sure they might not have any plans for it to happen in the near future, but I have no doubt that either they will change their minds eventually, or one of the next writers for JL will get them together. It's been such a huge part of the mythology for so long that I find it very hard to believe it will never happen again.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, i have no faith in their statement either. they will date again some day...just not in the foreseeable future. and when they do date DC will make a big deal out of it.

3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I for one am happy they wont date anytime soon. Its been played out for decades now and time for something new and relatively untried. Let see what kind of fun we can have in the Fortress of Love.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Lois and Clark are "THE" comic book relationship. To suggest that they'll never date or that there'll never be an attraction or flirtations and such there is just stupid. It may not be planned now because they want to this decades old fan-service of having Supes and WW together but sooner or later Lois and Clark will be an "item" in some fashion again.

I mean, it's Lois Lane and Clark Kent! There's no other couple in the history of fiction more destined to always be together no matter what.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to admit...I'll be getting Justice League #12 tomorrow. I'm curious about this and it has a lot of potential if done right. I liked their paring in "Kingdom Come" and as mentioned in the article they've had an interesting romantic past.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

8. Admiral_Young

It's a good thing DC just hired that new PR guy. Putting him to work already it looks like :)

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Meh, I'll read spoilers for it. I just can't bring myself to pick up this book again until a new team takes it over.

I'm almost convinced that the tragic event that brings them together is the death of Hal Jordan. We know a Lantern will die in Green Lantern Annual tomorrow, and the end of Green Lantern #12 had Black Hand reading from the book of black that Hal Jordan will be the greatest Black Lantern. Unless of course, all these clues are one big fakeout. Right now, though, it looks like Hal's number is up, and the main Green Lantern title will be taken over by the new guy. That would actually be a pretty bold move for them only one year into their big reboot. It would also mean that Geoff Johns would have overseen the resurrection and second death of Hal, interestingly enough. Also, the fact that Van Schiver is doing the art on this one could potentially be another clue. Van Schiver drew Rebirth, and bringing him on to draw Annual #1 could be meant as bringing things full circle.

Of course, this is still speculation, and come tomorrow I could be proven completely wrong.

10. Admiral_Young

I have seen speculation that something might happen to Guy Gardner...but i haven't been honestly following GL at all since the first issue of New 52 "Green Lantern". Hal's death would be huge...again.

Michael's reaction to Clark and Diana is awesome.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/28/booster-gold-takes-on-the-superman-wonder-woman-kiss/

I've forgotten, isn't Booster one of the few who have previous knowledge of the DCU? I'm assuming the Legion still do since they referenced Flashpoint in the first issue of the Legion Lost book.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  11. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the last panel of Booster's solo series implied that he remembered a little longer than everyone else, and then the knowledge just faded.

12. Admiral_Young

13. Derishton

I plan to catch up on Justice League today, I guess. Might pick up the Superman annual, although I haven't been reading Superman.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Aquaman
    Justice League (not a regular pull for me, got it for the Supes/WW deal.)

Non-DC
    Ghostbusters
    TMNT (didn't get it last week.)
    April TMNT Micro-Series

15. Admiral_Young

DC Pulls today:

Aquaman #12
    Before Watchmen Minutemen #3
    Justice League #12 (just for the Clark and Diana thing as well).

That's about it.

16. Derishton

I was surprised by how much seemed to actually happen in Justice League 11, now that I've caught up. The thing that's stuck with me most of the odd assertion that Malcolm Gladwell and Stephen King are influential contemporary authors, along woth Doris Lessing (not that I object to Lessing, but the name doesn't immediatey leap to mind). A great deal happens in JL 12, but it feels a little forced.

But it is an organic narrative compared to whatever the heck happened in Justice League International's annual. Hoo boy. The kiss was televised? By who? A major event happens to Blue Beetle in another title altogether? I think this might be the first mention of Rip, and a future Booster implies that a Booster was still flipping around solving time problems even if the one in JLI was not. OMAC has a new daddy.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Aquaman was my only DC book today.
    I did flip through JLA and JLI annual. The "kiss" is referenced in JLI on one page, seems someone has a hidden camera on the moment via Brother Eye I'm guessing.

Non-DC
    Infernal Man-Thing #3 of 3
    Green Hornet #27 (when this arc is over I'll be dropping it)
    TMNT micro #7 - April

Previews said X-O Man of War was solicited did anyone else see that at their LCS today? Mine was out and sadly the clerks aren't that tuned in so I didn't ask if it came in and they sold out.

18. Derishton

It might just be cameras in the Hall of Justice, I guess.

19. Admiral_Young

Isn't the author who wrote the book on the Justice League supposed to be hinted at some major role? Again, I'm not reading, just pure speculation on what I remember from the opening arc. Haven't got the issue yet.

20. Derishton

Yes, he does, but that arc just ended with 11 (his name is David Graves).