Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

Picked up all of Christopher L. Bennett's Enterprise books for $1.99 each on ebook. Thanks for the heads up indeed, now I can catch up! Also the Q trilogy by Greg Cox is $1.99 each as well, but I have those on paperback already so I passed.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Really? Thank you as well! Also purchased! :D

Just out of curiosity, are those of you discovering these deals just happening to find them by chance? I used to go onto Kobo's site occasionally, search for "star trek", and then sort by price to see if there were any deals... until I realized their sort by price option doesn't actually work, and is therefore pretty useless.

Hmm... since the deals are usually the same between Kobo and Amazon, maybe Amazon has a sort by price option, then I could find deals that way, and just buy them from Kobo. I'm fairly certain that if Amazon's site has an option for something, it will actually *do* it...

ETA: Yeah, OK, *that* was a mistake... :crazy:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  3. Idran

Idran Commodore Commodore

...well now I'm curious.

4. Avro Arrow

A lot of false positives. A *lot*. Even when I just restricted it to a title search, rather than a general keyword search. Including a bunch of what appeared to be fanfic. And erotica, for some reason.

But at least it *did* appear to sort in in the proper order by price... :shrug:

Idran likes this.
  5. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Try searching in the Kindle Store for "Star Trek". Then, when the original list comes up, use the selector on the left to limit your inquiry again to just "Star Trek"
    When I did that, the Rise of the Federation books and the Q trilogy came up on the 1st or 2nd pages....

Avro Arrow likes this.
  6. Avro Arrow

^ Thanks, that does seem to help limit the flotsam somewhat. (Although that category option isn't available on the Canadian site, but I can still search on the American site, since I'm ultimately going to buy anything from Kobo anyway... ;) )

7. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Just got the German edition of The Eternal Tide. I am truly fascinated by the different in size... Seriously, the german edition looks huge next to the original.
    [​IMG]

Kilana2 likes this.
  8. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Where did you get it? From the publisher I would think. It's not available elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Jinn likes this.
  9. Jinn

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thnk this deal they are doing right now on the Rise of the Federation and Q-Contiuum books is part of a regular series of deals Pocket is doing for the 50th anniversary. They have a e-book deals page set up that lists all of the books on sale. It sounds like they will be changing every month, the top of the page says these are available until May 1st and the bottom says "check back every month for more deals".
    I picked up the e-book version of the second Eugenics Wars book a week or two ago.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  11. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Oh man, every month?! Bookmarked that page...

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

New Star Trek publications: "The Classic UK Comics, Vol. 1" in a hardcover collection at last; Issue #2 of IDW's Spock Prime storyline; the latest issue of Titan's "Star Trek" magazine; and a limited edition of David Gerrold's "Amazing Stories" crossover comic one-shot (500-copies limited edition) featuring "Doctor Who" and... tribbles!

[​IMG]
    Trek haul
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Also shown is my most recent 8" Trek custom, Makora from "The Apple", featuring a David Soul/Starsky head for extra authenticity.

borgboy likes this.
  13. Avro Arrow

Wow... what size font did they use in that, 24 point?

Thanks for the link!

But, really... "while supplies last"?? :lol:

Same! :D (Although I wonder if the link will change each month anyway, since it's got "ebookpromoapr" as part of the URL?)

Oooohh, is that out already? Nice!

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took advantage of the sale to get e-book versions of all four Rise of the Federation books.

15. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

^Same. Picked up the Q Continuum books as well.

16. Kilana2

[​IMG]

I've finally ordered it. Amazon is always late. Very late. But I already know the original. And this seems to be huge (both the book itself and this cover). And a nice new cover.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which book is that?

18. Kilana2

Sorry, I forgot to mention it: Eternal Tide

19. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Picked up Elusive Salvation on the way home from work. Will get through From History's Shadow first before diving in.

Kilana2 likes this.
  20. Jinn

I think that's the "old" cover version. And is it just me or does Janeway have some kind of yellow "scar" on her forehead.