Lucasfilm's "Red Tails" Trailer Now Online

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Hunter X, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Hunter X

Hunter X Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810095581/trailer

Really like the look of the combat, and I'm interested to see how a non-Star Wars and non-Indiana Jones film from Lucasfilm is received. It's a little odd seeing that logo on a film that isn't a part of those two franchises.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Looks cool. World War II aerial combat with modern effects and on the big screen? Yes, please.

3. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

In one way, it looks really great. In another, it's got that terrible digital/CGI sheen to it. Like the entire thing was shot on a green screen soundstage and not a single building ever existed.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll pay nine dollars for that. Hopefully this signals the future of Lucasfilm.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the VFX look pretty obvious, unfortunately. But that's just a minor issue.

6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Looks decent.

Though I don't know about Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrence Howard as take-charge military officers.

7. Skywalker

I find it interesting that Cuba Gooding's in this movie, since he was in the similarly-themed The Tuskegee Airmen with Laurence Fishburne.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, the story certainly certainly looks interesting. I don't really care that much about the effects if the script is good.

I'll check the reviews, I think, when it comes out. It could really good....or it could be Pearl Harbor.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

And Terrance Howard played a similar role in "Harts War". He and another pilot got shot down and held in a German prison camp.

Both black pilots had to deal with racism in the POW camp.

10. Skywalker

Never saw that, is it any good?

You'd think a POW camp would be the one place where people would set aside their differences and realize they were all in it together, but apparently not. :lol:

11. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Because there can't be two movies about the Tuskegee Airmen?

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm very interested in seeing Anthony Hemingway's feature directorial debut.

14. JarodRussell

Well, it's pretty dull. The HBO film is already really good.

15. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

There can be. But based on the trailer, this one is almost an exact duplicate of it and, unlike The Tuskegee Airmen, this one does absolutely nothing to celebrate the actual people they're portraying.

So not only is it a rehash, it's an insulting rehash with special effects -- the only thing it apparently has to offer -- that you can spot a mile away. Again, unlike The Tuskegee Airmen.

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this has been in development so long i never thought it would get made. despite that, it looks very good.

17. JarodRussell

I find the inflationary overuse of the word "insulting" insulting.

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

You seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions based on a trailer. I'd hope and expect that Anthony Hemingway (television director of The Wire and Treme, among others) would pick a project with a little more integrity for his directorial debut.

I did like the HBO film when I saw it about ten years ago, though.

19. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

I am detecting a faint hint of film snobbism.

20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's not unusual for people here to condemn a movie based on 2,5 minutes of a fast cut, energized trailer.. i'm used to that and i don't give a damn.

It is up to me to enjoy a movie and i can get as much enjoyment from a Michael Bay movie as i can from some arthouse flick.

I like the WW2 historical period and am playing games in that period, have read quite a bit about it and enjoy many WW2 movies and so i have seen The Tuskegee Airmen tv movie and enjoyed it a lot so i'll be pretty sure to enjoy that movie too if well done and not some collection of WW2 dogfights done with modern effects.