Emilia Clarke cast as Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doubleohfive, Dec 14, 2013.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Or like inflammable means the opposite of flammable...oh, wait.

English as a language is determined by how it is used. Word meaning is determined by how it comes to be used in conversation as acceptable English. Irregardless has been used for over 150 years as a word in print so it should be accepted as common usage.

One of the reasons the OED is such a great dictionary is because it is a biography of the English language. Words become included based on their use in English not based on whether somebody says a word should be or not be.

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. Although they do that so quickly these days that I don't think it really say much about the movie.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that all three movies are being shot at the same time, which saves money and time, which is how the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit People do it.

Back to the Future two and three were filmed at the same time, hell there was a trailer for three at the end of of two, which completely blew my mind.

The problem with this is that it's a massive immediate expenditure.

If the first movie flops, by the time they figure that out, they're 3/4's through the next one and already half finished the last movie in the trilogy.

If the first movie flops, they're ####ed.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Toy money will save the movies. Even a "flop" can still make money.

6. Guy Gardener

Consider, if they have all three scripts finished, and they know where all the time travel is that these actors and actresses are supposed to be in the two places at the same time, they can do so with considerably less bluescreen, or recreating the same sets 3 years later.

7. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

China money will save the movies. Even a critical flop will still make money over there as long as it has a big enough FX budget.

8. Guy Gardener

You make them sound like sound like stupid savages handing over their daughters for firewater and beads.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take the planned releases of T6 & 7 with a pinch of salt tbh, esp after what happened with Sony and Amazing Spider-Man 3 etc

10. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Well, I think the first movie has wrapped already. But it's possible they could film the next two together, if there are really a next two.

I love Terminator and everything, but I don't have much faith in it being super successful. I think the best we can hope for is that it doesn't fail like Salvation did. I hope I'm wrong though.

11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

That was the plan as far as I heard.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i don't know about sad as much as mystified...did "Sabotage" come out in theaters? I onlyheard of it as a DVD preview. ANd i've noticed several other DVD movies with big stars in them....which seems pretty weird. One example: I think it's called "Into the Furnace" with Christian Bale & Zoe Saldana that i only saw on Redbox & never heard of it in the theaters.

13. Guy Gardener

Product testing & focus groups.

A studio can change it's mind about releasing a film at the last possible moment.

Eating a potential bomb is better than airing a bomb in 30,000 screens across the country, if no one is going to go watch it.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it went "The governor is coming back to movies!"

Then it turns out he had sex with his maid and has at least one child out of marriage and the movie studios went "Fuck!"

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Plot spoilers, really big plot spoilers:

"Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9.

Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion."

http://io9.com/terminator-genisys-insane-plot-reveal-is-a-total-nightm-1652315938

16. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I hope Sarah invites Kyle home to meet her dad! That's gonna be a real awkward evening!

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Other than Matt Smith, this cast is horrible. The director is decent though so you never know.

18. Guy Gardener

Dude! Spoilers!

19. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Much like Ryan Reynolds and Sam Worthington, I wish Hollywood would stop trying to push Jai Courtney as some next big thing. I'm not buying it.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

You're only saying that because he's shit.