Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Daneel, Mar 5, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I would love an extended cut. My biggest problem with the movie is that it felt incomplete. The plot moves too fast. One of my very first thoughts in leaving the theater was that it could have stood to be about a half hour longer to flesh out the characters and story.

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I know it's not exactly a revered film in the first place. But I felt Legend improved greatly when he did his director's cut of that some years ago.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

From what he says in the interview, he seems rather unsure of exactly what he is planning to do. He both confirms & denies that there will be an extended cut. First he pretty categorically denies it, then he briefly mentions a "longer version" which the interviewer presses him on, whereupon he says "maybe".

Love his description of the Blade Runner sequel scene.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

When Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo interviewed him he definitenty seemed to imply there was stuff that could be put back in

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

He implied that here as well, he just didn't seem sure about whether he would actually do it or not. He seemed to be more enamoured with the idea of just including the deleted scenes as special features.

Perhaps he just didn't want to admit that there could be a superior cut of the film, because that would imply he is shopping an inferior product. He was very clear that he thought this was the best cut.