Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

And yet other shows manage to hide it, i.e. Katee Sackhoff returning in the 3rd season finale of BSG, or Patrick Duffy's infamous shower scene on Dallas (both of which carried the credit for these actors in the end credits).

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The difference for Katee Sackhoff was she'd been a regular for most of the season and you can put regulars (iirc usually defined as some one who appears in more that 7 eps during a season) in the end credits.

Never watched Dallas so don't know what the deal was.

Gets messier with guest stars though.

3. cardinal biggles

Long story short, a year after killing off one of the show's lead characters, said character came back from the dead at the very end — like literally the last five seconds — of the season finale.

4. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was worse then coming back from the dead, a long tradition in soaps. They whipped away the entire season declaring it a dream of his no longer widow.

5. cardinal biggles

Yeah, that too. :lol: Dallas' "dream season" is practically the textbook definition of a shark-jumping moment.

6. Simon

Simon Cadet Newbie

Am I the only one who thinks that most of the second half was a dud? It seemed soo disjointed in place, like the writers had no idea were they were going with the plot. And an episode dealing with answers from way back in the 'Pilot' episode was way to rushed and cliched that it almost felt like a badly written action flick! The only episode I really enjoyed in the second half was the kidnapping episode, Danno going all Jack Bauer on that git! Best 'Danno' moment so far!

Hopefully S4 proves to be better. Annoyed that they didn't reveal what most of us probably already suspect about Doris and Wo Fat

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did an eyeroll when Adam's brother took Kono's gun as we've seen her framed before. That was in December. I had forgotten about it, until this season's penultimate episode brought it up again. I'm not one to argue that shows should spell everything out for the viewer and I'm certainly not against serialized storytelling versus episodic, but if you're going to plant a Chekov's gun and leave it for five months, you should at least reference it.

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

They made a big mistake by not settling the Mama McGarrett plot at the end of Season 3. The whole Shelburn/Mama McGarrett storyline has been dragging this show down like an anchor for the past two seasons. Even Terry O'Quinn's character was annoying as fuck. After a strong 1st season, recurring storylines have not been this show's friend. With them moving to Fridays, they need to ditch these failed storylines for good.

9. cardinal biggles

I don't know why they couldn't have partially resolved it — at least have Doris finally be honest with Steve before she boards the ship with Adam and Kono. Then Steve goes to the vault/prison to confront Wo Fat with this new information, and suddenly they're under siege, and your cliffhanger is still there.

10. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My guess if it hasn't been mentioned
    Wo-Fat is Steve's half Brother, that's why Doris is so secretive.
    ???

11. cardinal biggles

A lot of us have had the same thought going all the way back to the fall when Doris let Wo Fat get away. If that turns out to be the big secret, it will be one of the least shocking reveals in TV history. :p

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Less shocking than the Dexter season 6 plot twist? :D

13. cardinal biggles

I said "one of", not "the most". ;)

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

On the original show, the actor who play Kono left after season four. I wonder if a "Ben Kokau" will replace Kono in the new series.

15. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On more than one occasion Angel was able to put Darla and/or a Dru surprise appearance until the end credits.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. This demonstrates how little I watch network TV these days. I completely forget there even was a remake of 5-0 and was wondering why you guys were discussing a TV show from 1968. :alienblush:

18. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

The last time I remember any of her movies, was Working Girl.

Didn't know she was still around. Looking through her imdb listing, I hardly recognize any of her work over the last 20+ years.