Teen Titans TV Show coming?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by kirk55555, Sep 12, 2014.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wa89-F2WvU[/yt]

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Titan's Tower is ridiculous.

They're going to chicken out.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Teen Titans TV Show coming?http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t

The last few seasons of Smallville sure felt like Teen Titans...and I am surprised that the WB didn't take this on...seems like a natural fit for them

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Kilowog: "What kinda question is that? Human beings taste terrible!"

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This does have potential to be pretty cool, and I've enjoyed most of the stuff I've watched on TNT. Right now biggest question is how they are going to handle to the main heroes that most of the characters are sidekicks for. Are they just going to be referred to? Will they be recurring characters? Will they not exist?
    Honestly, I would think it would be a lot less complicated to pick characters whose existance isn't reliant on other characters you probably won't be using very often, or at all.

6. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except that those characaters can be the most expensive/need the most make-up and/or special effects (like Cyborg, Starfire, Beast Bot & raven)

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

The only reason Robin was even a sidekick to Batman is because DC wanted to compete with Timely/Marvel for readers (Captain America/Bucky was getting a lot of readers and attention, and kids liked/like to see themselves helping out the older heroes, so..)

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Robin predates Bucky by about a year.

9. Guy Gardener

Robin's job according to Alan Moore: Brightly coloured bouncing Bullet magnet.

Bucky's job according to Ed Brubaker: Sneak around on his hands and knees behind enemy lines garotting and stabbing snipers, and then filleting anyone manning a machine gun nest, so that Steve isn't turned into Red Mist 10 seconds after stepping into no mans land.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Which was odd since Cap rarely spent any time on actual battle fields. He was not a hit the beach and lead the charge type of character. His thing was routing out saboteurs, fifth columnists and spies. Usually on the home front.

11. Guy Gardener

The Invaders spent plenty of time in Europe.

Although you have to wonder if Namor didn't have a secret deal with Hitler?

Maybe he benefited from neither side winning, because the Submariner could have finished it whenever he cared to.

12. Nerys Myk

The Invaders was made in the 70s and did some heavy retconning. Still they weren't storming the beaches type missions in Europe. They were rescuing people or being kidnapped by Super Nazis. 40s Cap was more of a homefront hero.

Hitler bombed Atlantis. I think his grandfather was almost killed. Namor was pissed and he holds grudges.

13. Guy Gardener

Then that "UBOATS! UBOATS! UBOATS! UBOATS!" speach certainly makes a lot of sense. :)

Besides, this is Brubakers impressions on the character of Bucky as he was reinventing the lad into the Winter Soldier, and when has facts ever stood in his (well anyone's really?)way?

The quote I remember from Brubakers run was "Bucky did what he did, so that I could do what I do."

14. Nerys Myk

Funny they would get a kid to do that. But then, they made him not a kid, didn't they?

15. Guy Gardener

I read something recently that said that the age of Bucky was faked by the press department. A fake origin (The Child mascott who accidentally stumbled into the Captain's secret identity) to make Bucky more friendly to the public than the truth.

Again a complete retcon that no one in the future has to remember or respect.