Terminator: Additional Episodes Ordered

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

If they have to wrap it up, it might be cool to do some lead-ins or foreshadowing tying it to next spring's movie....

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Frankly I think tying back into the real Terminator movie timeline(as loose and disjointed as it is places) could be the shows saving grace. If it has that type of time. This alternate timeline is just not that exciting. When you can kill Terminators with the relative ease they are getting to the excitement and drama goes down.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's reminding me a lot of a comic book that was released a few years ago. It was called Terminator: Endgame.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty humble if you can tell. There's always someone smarter, faster, better looking, etc.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I love how miss leading the title is. They ordered two scripts, which is terrible, it's almost as bad as canceling it. You normally order 6 scripts, and see where the show goes and then order them to episode (along with 3 more) to make the back 9.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I really hope they can work references to the show into the new movie, or vice versa. Wasn't there a rumor that Summer Glau was on the movie's set a couple months ago?

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Considering that Fox only ordered two episodes for this season originally before going to thirteen I think it's pretty good.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There are still claims of a connection between TSCC and TS.

I think it's going to be Marcus though - the idea of a Terminator based entirely on a living human who has been replaced (ala Cameron).

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just remembered something I've been meaning to mention on here. I'm in complete and total shock that Fox is talking about canceling TSC, while NBC is possibly going to pick up Knight Rider for a full season.

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

NBC is in dire straights, so you really can't compare the two.

11. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If anything they should can Prison Break. The first season was very good, and the second wasn't exactly bad, but they should have ended it there. If ever there was a show with a finite lifespan it should have been Prison Break. Most definitely outstayed its welcome IMO.

12. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I'm a big fan of the show and hope it gets a full season. WAY better than T3- I'm glad they left that behind.

13. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, I think this is a great sci-fi show that has a lot of potential for FOX.

14. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take whatever good news I can get for this show, so :techman:.

15. Captain Craig

Its a stretch, too much of one imo. The movie script was written before the show debuted and has been shooting and is nearly about to wrap.
    Now if they go and do pickups at some point they could possibly work some TSCC myth into it but for now I just dont' buy it looping back and tying into the movie franchises loose timeline.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize they had been working on Salvation (I think that's the movie's name) that long. I thought they had just started filming.

17. Captain Craig

^^^
    They had been filming 5-6 weeks, according to McG(director), when he showed up at San Diego Comic Con with cast members in July and showed us some footage. We got more than the 1min worth that became the summer teaser.
    So here we are mid-October. They started in June, so that means they've been shooting close to 4.5months. A film like this usually schedules 5months, +/- a week to shoot.

It'll be fully in post in a few weeks and we should, I would think, have the first official trailer during the Holiday films.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. Thanks for the info.:techman:

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That is true the script was written a while ago, but Nolan and a script doctor (the name escapes me at the moment) both said they were doing rewrites well into the last weeks of filming of some key scenes - including one requiring a reshoot of an already completed scene. It was on TerminatorFiles main page.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Confirmed: We're getting a full season. However, it's likely that the series will be cancelled following unless ratings turn around. This was confirmed with their announcement that the show will show through the 4th fiscal quarter.