Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

There are some good points in there.

I agree with this. Obviously the big screw up is when he lets the robber get away, but when he embarks on his crime fighting career it's only natural that he'd make some mistakes.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Not everything has be all dark all the time. However, with Spider-Man it could work. One thing I like about the character is that no matter how bad things get or how much pressure he's under he still does the right thing.

This ties into,

Having every aspect of his life falling around him because of his powers will show the strength of his spirit. It's also very important that no matter how dark things get he still keeps his sense of humour.

I think Green Goblin was pretty much evil. Seems to me the good intentions he claimed he had were just to mask his selfish ways. And Venom certainly didn't have any good intentions.

It do think they need to get away from the scientist turns bad story though. I'd love to see Mysterio in the film after this for something a bit different.

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Kraven, the reality TV star!

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Good news and hopefully meaning the sequel will be the Spectacular Spider-man? This is what they should've done with the last trilogy, they didn't need boring numeric titles.

Nice pic too.

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I clapped a little when I saw the title on IO9 a moment ago. It's a no-brainer.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool shot, although the webbing didn't look nearly as dark in the other pics we saw...

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I honestly didn't mind the "strutting" scene in Spider-Man 3. That movie has a lot of problems, but the whole "Peter struts around like a douchebag" sequence works for me -- he's become arrogant, and is walking around Manhattan like he owns the place despite being a guy who should qualify for food stamps. It's no different from the "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" sequence in the second film.

Sure, it isn't subtle. But since when has Sam Raimi ever been considered "subtle?"

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The problem with the strutting scene is that it sort of harms the whole "torture" part of what the suit is doing to him, it's eating at his soul and making him a dark person but then he struts around and acts, broadly, like a jackass.

It's a very, very, out of place scene and it's just stupid.

But take any movie or show where a drug addiction is eating a character's soul from the inside out. Usually they just act a bit smug, a bit cocky, but the never strut around acting like some nutcase. We're shown how they're also being eaten alive by the drug and what the damage is doing to him. Here? We get none of that. Peter walks around like a jackass, struts around and dances on the street like a lunatic, then -ugh- there's the restaurant scene and then he smacks MJ and then, oh, we get the "internal torture" part of the suit for like two minutes.

None of it fits and it's just lame and it's just too, too broad and out of place. The "Raindrops" scene in the second movie has Peter walking around happily like a goofball but he's not doing so in a manner that's so wild an unrealistic you think nothing fits. In the "Strut Walk" scene he's doing a dance around the street, spinning around, and just acting like a crazy jackass. Ugh. It's just stupid how it all looks.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

About damn time. Could there have been a comic character whose movie titles were so easy. The numbers thing was ok, had a touch of old school to and frankly for anyother hero works best.

So the real question is what is the third movie(assuming it gets that far).

The Amazing Spiderman
    The Spectacular Spiderman (surely it's this for the second)

Other options:
    Web of Spiderman
    Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
    Sensational Spiderman*(my third choice)
    Spiderman Unlimited

13. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^ Spiderman Unlimited????

Oh boy..

14. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

It's only a matter of time before it's "Ultimate Spider-Man".

15. Gaith

The Blue and Red Knight

Spider-Man Salvation

Spider-Man: The Legend of Peter Parker

16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker: Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Just use the names of the titles...well, except for "Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man Unlimited".

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I personally can't wait for the 4th movie:

Spider-Man Team Up.

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

2 Spider 2 Man

19. Gaith

(500) Days of Spider

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral