USS Enterprise F, G, H, I.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by All Seeing Eye, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

This is the Enigma Class Starship. It's a Stealth Reconnaissance with a very high warp speed. LCARS24 has already seen this ship, it's made a little progress. The first ship was designed weaponless.

It utilizes a stealth system known as Peripheral Subspace Masking and makes the undetectable to to FTL sensors.
    It is also an expansion of Variable warp field geometry.

I-t's 529 meters long (I think)
    -Saucer seperable (no independent reintegration)
    -Saucer landings only
    -Saucer is warp capable
    -6 Impulse Engines

The Next design known as USS Epic is well armed with phasers and torpedo as well as limited disruptor weapons.

The ship was design by Star Fleet but Enigma was constructed by a Romulan division. The Epic has a predominantly Romulan crew.

I haven't decided to make a WIP Thread for the ship since I work on it only when I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is different, but you can put me down as another person who likes it:)

3. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

This is an interesting design. (aside from the textures)
    I like it because it's progress and it's a ship that would work well in the slipstream.

However there are concerns.
    The ship resembles a kitbash of a ships saucer and another design grafted on the rear. More of an effort needs to be made to fully integrate the design.

The top view is the best view and like many ships it shows that the designer's focus was the top view.. (Like Sovereign) I've done something similar but I'm not satisfied so I refuse to move on untill the ventral side looks as well thought out as the top..

I would love the opportunity to co op this design to improse it's functional and perhaps it's aesthetics as well.

4. dubeau

dubeau Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, regarding design, it was important that the ventral section was fluid and follow a curve line in order to flow into the Singularity wormhole and ride the "wave". I did the saucer that way, to get a continuity from E. But I understand what you mean Saquist, there is certainly an effort to be made...that said I will eventually do it in 3ds max, once I feel I have learned it better. But my current project is to finish the Captain Harlock ship once and for all in 3dsmax and C4D...after that I might try to rethink the texture and the ship.

5. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

While the texture is interesting to see on a ship, I can't think of a reason why circuit board patterns would be used on a ships hull.

Perhaps you can modify the nodes on the Voyager for armor deployment and add them in a circuit board style in key positions. That would be a good reason to use something along those lines.

I looked at the rest of your designs.
    The Stinger Class is very very good. Very functional and and great departure from the Trek tradition. This ship gets a big numbs up on textures too. I could see this on screen as it is.
    Good job.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good to me :) :techman:

7. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Graci,

I definitely would like to greeble the design and make it's detail stand out, yet so limited time and CAD is so limited to me. I'm such a perfectionist I wonder if it will ever be done.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll be looking forward it to be done :)

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking this is the best Ent-I design
    http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=94875

A good Enterprise F
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7gaOXiu4w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGQIAi38mpI&feature=related

Enterprise G would be the Grandeur of course.

Enterprise H perhape
    http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=69317

Enterprise J would still be seen as it was shown to Archer. remember, even thought the xindi threat is no more, the Ships of the Line Calender still shows the winged design. Perhaps Congo Could be Enterprise I, with the Perception being Picards ride as JJprise's replacement--since it does have a bit of that look.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  10. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Beautifull ship! I would like to see updates. :)

11. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

have you a larger pic of the nogura? just corius about the cardassian looking bit on the back.
    Looks good though

publiusr likes this.
  12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry about the looooong delay in responding - someone "liked" one of my posts in here today, and I just *finally* saw this post! And since I see you were just on the board on Saturday, I'll give responding a whirl. :D

I'm assuming that the "Cardassian looking bit" that you were talking about is the ship's "mount". The bottom two thirds of it contain crew quarters, stores, restaurants, and a whole host of recreational and community facilities. The 4094 crew number I mentioned is *actual* Starfleet crew - it doesn't count families or other civilian inhabitants. The mount has a mayor and governing council. The upper third contains the primary docking bay for shuttles and other smaller craft (and compared to the monstrous Nogura-Class ships, "other smaller craft" would include most 23rd century starships), as well as repair and fabrication facilities.

It has never occurred to me to think of that part of the ship as particularly Cardassian-inspired, but, one of my in-universe co-lead-designers for the class IS a Cardassian. So maybe there was something subconscious going on there. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have any larger images of the ship. I'm not very artistically talented, and I lack the patience to learn the newer software. I just need something that renders what is in my head. :sigh:

13. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Wow.......lots of the images are missing and I thought it was my browser...........then I saw the date. :-)

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Always nice to see new fan-ship art.