Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Must have been pretty horrifying.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The precious? Yeah.

3. Jeri

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

I just want to thank you for giving me the opening to use that :D

4. Janewayobsessio

Janewayobsessio Ensign Newbie

Hi all, I´m new here. I googled "kathryn janeway" and came across this community.

I became a Voyager fan in 2011 when I was at home a lot, pregnant and watching tv. Voyager was on a swedish sci-fi channel that aired two episodes each night. At first I didn´t like it so much but then I got more and more curious on how they came to the Delta Quadrant (I think I started watching season 5 or something) so I downloaded the whole show and became a trekkie/trekker whatever =) Voyager will always be my favourite though!

5. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place for Trek fans. I grew up watching Voyager (I was ten when the series first aired) so I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Out of curiosity, who's your favorite Voyager character? ;)

6. Janewayobsessio

Janewayobsessio Ensign Newbie

Thank you! My favourite character is Captain Janeway. I was amazed by her leadership and confidence. I liked that the show also has other strong and different female role models and characters to look up to. I like ds9 too, mostly because of Kira Nerys (if we´re talking characters).

Who is your favourite?

Now my mission is to try and get my son to like star trek! I think they are great shows for gender equality and sense of excitement and that it´s a fantastic belieaveble universe in which you can dream yourself into (or how you say it in english, I hope you understand). Except for TOS and ENT of course, even if I do find them entertaining if you ignore the fact of major sexism.

You can´t be too picky with star trek though, with only 5 (6) series. I´m also reading alot of voyager books, and a "tng" novels.

7. Ryva Brall

I was just messing with you; it's pretty obvious who your favorite character is. :) I really like Janeway, too, and Kira Nerys is one of my favorite female characters on any series. She's tough AND adorable. I don't know how she does it.

My favorite Voyager character is the Doctor. I love pretty much everything about him: his dedication, his compassion, his dry, snarky sense of humor. I even find his smug superiority oddly endearing. Maybe because he was treated so poorly in the beginning of the series, and worked so hard to earn the respect of his peers, I feel like he earned the right to be a little full of himself. That's probably why I am fiercely protective of him, and get extremely defensive when people say he's not a "real person". He has flaws, but he strives to improve himself, which is a lot more than many "real" people do.

Ahem. Anyway, yeah, the Doc's my favorite. Seven is a close second, though.

8. teacake

Welcome Janewayobsessio!

Check out the Janeway sexy thread :)

9. Jeri

Janewayobsessio, great personal story. Love hearing it; thanks! And thanks for raising your son right. ;)

10. teacake

I'm a total sucker for that trait. Terrible of me, I know. It's the most prominent personality element of my favorite fictional man, Rodney McKay.

11. Ryva Brall

I know, I'm the same way. I suppose a person with too much self-esteem is easier for me to tolerate than a person with no self-esteem at all. I've known a few people like that, and they're like... human versions of Eeyore.

And I love Rodney, too. What is it about snarky, arrogant doctors? :D

12. teacake

Also Rodney has my most favorite hairline ever. And my most favorite cheek bones. And my most favorite everything else.

And now I will make you look at my most favorite picture of Rodney ever. Anyone else who has already seen this can just look away.

[​IMG]

13. Ryva Brall

Oh for goodness's sake. That's ridiculously adorable.

I see your favorite, and raise you mine:
    [​IMG]
    So smug. Such a Smuggy-Smug Smuggerton Jones.

14. Statja Q'bel

Statja Q'bel Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone. New here, love Voyager. I don't know where to start about how much I enjoyed this series!

15. teacake

Good! Welcome!!!

I too love Voyager :adore:

16. Jeri

Statja Q'bel, nice to see you here. I love VOY, too. :D

17. JoCat

JoCat Cadet Newbie

I am a long time Voyager fan. The show's pilot episode (Caretaker) got me, hook, line and sinker back in 1995. Since Voyager, there has been no other TV series that had so captured my interest like Voyager did. I just found this website and have just recently registered onto the site.

18. teacake

Welcome!

Keep posting, we need fresh love :)

19. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've been posting on this forum for about 3 weeks now. Hi guys! I'm a huge VOY fan. Respect the Janeway!

20. picardo

picardo Lieutenant Red Shirt

For some reason I think Voyager is my favourite of the ST series.