Regarding next X-Box and "always online"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Infern0, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Intresting email if true, BR on the next xbox, and nothing about second hand games blocking, and this wording is quite intresting...

So assuming that email is true this would indicate some for of always on internet connection other than what we have with the present xbox setup is indeed required.

2. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One thing I find disgusting is that IGN were all over it when the "always online" was rumoured in a japanese magazine, running it as their headline news story for days, but no mention of the seeming about turn.

Pretty shoddy by IGN although they are biased towards Sony consoles id expect better of them

3. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I first heard this news within minutes of its release on IGN.com.

The Playstation team is more popular there, but I wouldnt go as far as to say that the entire website is biased towards Sony. The Xbox coverage has gotten a lot better since Ryan McCaffrey of The Official Xbox Magazine joined the staff.

4. pirates_dc

pirates_dc Ensign Red Shirt

So they announced online connection is not needed to play, but as i found with the current xbox, I cannot play my indie games, nor can I play my downloaded games with out the internet connection availible at start up. I have decided that I for one will not be playing with the new box. Besides i truly believe that we will be forced to go up to some platnium tier of xbox live to do all the cool shit.