The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The true star of this show is Rick's hat.

At the moment Karl is wearing it, but if the Show goes long enough I can see Judith sticking it on.

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crosby hasn't aged as gracefully as some of the other TNG actors e.g Gates McFadden. And she has put on the weight - especially in the face.

This episode: It was good. I dunno why but Glenn annoys me sometimes. It some ways he seems less mature than Karl.

Nitpick: it's amazing that the living sometimes have as good gunshot aim as anyone firing a phaser in Trek. ;) They come into to tunnel and spray gun fire of course missing the principle characters and hitting all of walkers despite being virtually in the dark.

Obviously something isn't right at Terminus. No one guarding the front door. Mary barbecuing all by herself.

4. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

So I think they've gotten to the point now where they can't kill Maggie or Glenn. They've invested so much in their "story together" and now on top of that they've done the whole drag them apart and unite them thing. It would just be retreading to kill of one or the other. What they can do, and what I think will eventually happen, is kill them off simultaneously in some big grand way, so that at least they go out together.

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Good catch! Perhaps the one responsible for defacing the painting discovered her truth, and left the painting as...a warning?

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It was a nice coming together episode. With Tara's arch complete (get Glenn to Maggie), I feel she's the next to get killed off. She has a new lease on life, a habit of making bad choices, and she was falling down left and right. I'm curious how Darryl will save the day when his new group catches up with... never mind. I doubt slow drunken bikers can catch up with a cop, a samurai, and a kid jacked up on candy and pudding.

Let's just hope she's not with someone worse.

I have a feeling that's the case, but, [see above reply]

Good catch indeed. If the welcoming woman painted it herself, it would be more disturbing.

Or it could be more of a reason to kill either one, now that the audience is invested in the relationship. I say it'll be Glenn, Maggie would be the most devastated, loosing her family as well. I read a good (sick) book called Battle Royal and they had a way of getting readers invested in the characters, before killing them.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  7. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I don't think it's literally supposed to be her. It's just figurative for someone who's a little over the edge, as Lizzie had the same hairdo. There were surprisingly a lot of themes from those paintings that have carried on into a few different episodes. Another one that made it into this episode was the sunflowers.

8. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well there was one of a sunflower and we see sunflowers when we first see Mary and there is also a white dog (the one eyed dog?)

BTW all here is a promo from New Zealand that shows a ton more than we got in the U.S.

Be warned it shows a LOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWdXzWH-a4

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's no excuse. :guffaw:

Mary's grill does seem like a dead giveaway, & though the picture burning was foreboding of an ill fate for them, I doubt it'll come to that presently

10. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

And all that stuff is symbolic. There was actually a dead woman in that house with the painting that had that hair style. It's just symbolic.

11. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:vulcan:

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought that ending things on such a positive note was a nice change but all the discussion here has me wondering what's up. I did wonder a bit about that myself though. With the zombie apocalypse, how could a place like that exist so peacefully without being armed or fortified. What's their secret?

Oh, and I totally recognized Denise Crosby. Not at first, but after a second or two.

13. DarthTom

Is Crosby the highest profile actor the show has yet landed? I mean, 'high profile,' as in more prolific than most of the actors on TV and film?

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'd put Crosby in the same boat as the rest of the cast.

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Lennie James comes to mind, but I don't know.

16. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I just hope those guys in the mysterious car weren't out getting Mary some barbecue.

:evil:

I know. I'm going to hell.

17. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It's okay guys. I'm sure the cattle or other livestock was just hidden away in another part of the facility.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, Maggie collapsed the concrete ceiling of the train tunnel by firing a few 9mm bullets at it?

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Or so she'll say. She'll also tell you how tasty Terminus' soylent green steak is.

20. DarthTom

Meh, not so sure about that. Crosby in addition to Trek had a major role in the film, Deep Impact and of course also had a major role in the cult classic Pet Cemetery. To the best of my knowledge none of the other actors even comes close to having her film and tv appearances.

BTW she is also doing fairly well financially. So obviously going on TWD wasn't just for the money.