Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

How could da police trace back the Trojan virus/hacking to Felicity Smoak, btw?

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I just noticed that the season finales for Arrow and Supernatural have the same episode title... "Sacrifice".

3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Ollies five years of training are just no match for Merlyns lifetime of experience.
    A big thanks to Ollie and Laurel for leaving the curtains open as I live right across the street, ummm, I mean poor Tommy who would want to see that.
    I loved the fake abduction to have Moira reveal all about the plan in the glades.
    Felicity needs to stay in the Arrow Cave, having her bounce around on missions with the guys is really starting to annoy me.
    Who legs were those when Fryers was on the Phone? Moira? Merlyns wife?
    The plan on the island really isnt very smart. They could at most shoot down one or two planes before they are rerouted and someones navy finds the island and takes out the launcher with some type of missle. They couldnt shoot down enough to shake up Chinas economy even with the threat of it being an inside job. Just not well thought out.
    Now to see how Ollie escapes next week, cant wait.

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Diggle's real surname is Stewart and he becomes the Green Lantern.

That's how I'd do it anyway.

5. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I think that once Ollie experiences whatever he needs to in order to stay on as Green Arrow as protector of city (I hope they use the name Green Arrow in a serious context in the last episode) Felicity will take up the mantle of Oracle, Diggle will be Arsenal, and Roy will be Red Arrow.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I really don't think they are going to make most of the characters into heroes. At most Roy and at some point Laurel. Even then I suspect for Laurel it would be a limited thing. She'll go undercover at a nightclub or something while working on a legal case and just happen to use a blonde wig and something resembling the canary outfit as her disguise.

7. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Felicity and Diggle are already filling those roles however. Even though in the comics Arsenal and Red Arrow were one in the same. I think that Diggle will take the mantle of Arsenal and Felicity, Oracle. Assuming they start using hero names.

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow that was awesome. Was not expecting that ending and it sets things up nicely for the end of the season.

9. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Cops having discovered Felicity's identity and that she was hacking into the server could be the precursor to her going off the grid and may lead to her just assuming the 'Oracle' persona.

10. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

I doubt it, but I would so thoroughly enjoy it.

11. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having Diggle emerge as Arsenal would be interesting and sets up sort of a pre-manifest destiny Roy taking up that mantle maybe perhaps later. It's certainly not too different with how Black Canary's character has changed over the years (which this series has yet to pay homage to, but still in theory could).

I really don't know why Felicity is being pegged as Oracle. Oracle is such a very specific person and you're (as in everyone mentioning this idea) is talking about a very popular character from an even more popular franchise.

No, full stop. Felicity WILL NOT become Oracle. Can you imagine the nerd rage that would occur if TPTB took that from Barbara Gordon? There's a very, very big difference between making Diggle into Arsonal; a moniker that already exists in the franchise for a character that has the possibility of still assuming it later; or dividing Black Canary into both a mother and a daughter of a character who have the same name and fight crime under the same moniker. It's completely different ripping a moniker from another franchise for a character that is barely a blip on the radar and installing it on her. Before even considering how wrong that is, think about the potential legal issues they'd run into. I'm sure the Fox estate would sue for all of Arrow's Microsoft advertising dollars >.<

Let's put this in perspective where Felicity is concerned: Before this series occurred, Felicity Smoack was the owner of a struggling software company that on several occasions was the victim of super hero shenanigans. It inadvertently took collateral damage to the point that Felicity was a huge supporter of programs like Cadmus. I'm not sure if we'll see any nods to this history with this character in this series, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think it is true she'll need to take on a moniker at some point after this incident of being discovered but I suspect they'll either make something up or they'll use a name of a character that is barely known and who has no known alias yet, such as Software. Heck, considering they've gone 22 episodes so far calling Green Arrow nothing more then "The Hood" I'd expect Felicity could go 22 episodes next season being known as nothing more then "The Hacker".

It's so very hard to say at this point. I'd venture to say if anything, masked heroes will be added as seasons go on. This season has obviously been mostly a setup of the characters. I think over the course of next season we'll see Roy and Laurel struggling with the annals of crime fighting (or rather, ethics there in) while Diggle and Felicity lock in some sort of working moniker. I suspect early to mid season Roy will take up the mantle as Speedy or Red Arrow and mid to late season Laurel (or maybe her sister) will take up the mantel as Black Canary. I'd actually be really surprised if we don't learn Laurel's mother didn't doan the Black Canary mantel for a period of time (possibly slugging it out with Merlyn). I'd also be surprised if we don't meet Wild Cat next season and he doesn't have some major part in the happenings.

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Smallville made Chloe into Oracle... sort of.
    Which his interesting because on that show she ended up marrying Oliver.

13. Lighthammer

Resembles and is are two different things.

Barbara Gordon uses the moniker in the same sense Bruce Wayne "would have" in Batman Beyond. It might even be fair to compare her role in Martian Manhunter in JLU (though J'onn was less of a detective and more of a commander where Barbara was more of a detective and well more of a "coordinator").

Mission Ops is really what we're talking about here and Felicity IS developing a knack for it, but clearly Ollie is calling the shots in this season.

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sort of. Chloe was a new character created for Smallville. Felicity is an existing character in DC. Chloe was given the code name Watchtower because she wasn't supposed to be Oracle.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it on Smallville when clueless Clark says "Oh Chloey you look lonely, why don't you go on a PG13 holding hands dating with Impulse?" But little did he know that she was already bumping fuzzies with Oliver.

It's almost like that shmuck didn't know what character development was.

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Felicity is way better than Chloe. :p

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that was a hell of a huge episode. I was really happy with all of the developments. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take things next week.

As for the debate over hero names, I really don't see them giving any of their original characters names that belong to other characters in the comics.

I am curious what's going to happen to keep Ollie & Co. doing their thing. I'm assuming it will tie into whoever Fyers is working for, because I find it hard to believe that they won't eventually tie the stuff going on on during the island flashbacks into whatever is going on in the present. As for the woman we saw Fryers talking to, I just got hit with an idea, what if it's Chesire?

I know there's been some debate about whether Tommy will become a full on enemy of Ollie and at this point I could see it happen. I don't think he's be much of a physical threat personally, but I could see him playing more of a behind the scenes role while he is training to take on Ollie. I could see that being a perfect arc for his character next season, with it building up to a big one on one evenly matched fight at the end of the season.

I was just looking around at the characters page on Wikipedia and found out that Fryers and Shado are characters from the comics, I did not know that.

18. Lighthammer

Fryers ? Do you mean Slade Wilson?

/edit scratch --- Eddie Fryers: I didn't know this guy but I suspected he was a call out to someone:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Fyers

In so far his character is another one that seems like he's doing a whole lot of "not what he does in the comics" besides chasing after Shado.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I cant see Digg or Felicity becoming costumed at any point. Roy yes for obvious reasons and Laurel maybe down the line at some point but not the other two. They are just supporting characters and we dont need this show getting crowded with costumes in year 2.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, what an untimely death. Maybe they can show him in flashbacks. :p He was a good character who didn't get a chance to really help Ollie.

He went to the far east to train but I forgot when he went of how long he was there.

I was about to say "a new character we'll see next season", but I'm confusing your comment with Person of Interest. :o