The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

how does a kid who stole a gun, then wandered into the woods to throw rocks at zombies end up wandering around in the dark the next night even after his parents knew all of that?

and I'm not sure if he is a really good shot, or a really bad one.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Holy Crap. Well, we had that one idea confirmed. That explains a lot.

I was rather hoping Daryl would be the one to end the scene between Rick and Shane, with an arrow.

A really good episode. And T-Dog actually was allowed to speak! Someone give that poor man some lines!

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

NANANANALALALALALA HAHAHAHA! Told ya.

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Holy shit, Rick is so fucked in the head now and so is Carl. I cannot wait to see what effect his has on Rick next season. This was the last episode for season 2, no?

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is tonight's episode confirmation of what Rick WASN'T TOLD as the final words in the CDC bunker by the scientist guy? If he was told everyone is already infected and when they die they come back as a zombie shouldn't he have known Shane was going to come back to life?

And if he had been told that and didn't think about it he's A)completely retarded and B) made life even more dangerous for everyone in his group since if someone died of non-zombie causes they could suddenly come back and attack someone.

I wonder if Carol someone survives and the group finds out about the zombie virus already having infected people if she'll then realize her daughter probably died of starvation or something in the woods and then turned.

But maybe the most interesting thing from this episode for me at least was the weird flashes we saw from Shane as he died and turned into a zombie. Looks like zombies have some kind of minimal collective borg-like consciousness almost. That's probably why they're all suddenly descending on the barn.

6. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Yeah, I wouldn't get it for that reason. That packaging looks like is was designed specifically for dorm rooms. :lol:

7. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I believe in the comic, the explanation for a herd is that they are directionless until something gets their attention, then they'll head towards that sound or smell until something new catches their attention.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Ooo--Shiny Red Ball! :p

What a shocker. The season finale ought to be very interesting.

9. pork3

pork3 Commander

I have to ask, is anyone else sexually aroused by the walkers? There's something about them that gives me a fear boner.

-Jamman

10. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I must say it's a great credit to the show that I wasn't sure at the end there if Shane or Rick were going to die, or neither, or both.

I'm glad Shane is gone. I thought they were starting to rehabilitate him but clearly not, and I couldn't take any more of his insanity.

I do wish there was more acknowledgement that they were friends and partners in that last scene, instead of just one man killing another man.

11. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One more next week

12. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

That was strange. If it were just gunshots, why didn't the first one get their attention ? Maybe it did, but they seemed to be aimless before the second shot at undead Shane. Also, Shane "came back" as a walker fast...much shorter time than it took Andrea's sister.

We see again at the beginning, the walkers will stop eating to attack humans. It seems to go beyond hunger and into attacking whatever is alive.

Did Shane get infected from bashing himself against the tree? ARE TREES THE BLAME. Is this The Happening 2?

It seems like they could still deal with that herd...unless its bigger next week. Just gotta knock some of the walker down, then finish them. They really need some sort of zombie crushing machine.

13. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he was distracted by Carl, and didn't want Carl to see his surrogate father's body; he was too emotional to think fast enough in the moment.

14. McDuff

McDuff Commander Red Shirt

They should call the series: The Watching Dead. This series is as redundant and boring as they come. A soap opera with Zombies. Hard not to be put into comatose state when you watch that boring series.

Lame-o.

15. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a great episode too. I mean wow. Lots of developments. With regard to Shane, I think Lori's little, "thank you," speech pushed him over the edge and gave him a false sense of hope about a relationship with her. She really has been the focal point in terms of creating trouble in the group.

Did they mean to imply the zombie virus is airborne now? If not they sure did send that message.

Question: does everyone who dies become a zombie in this new world, because Shane turned into one without being bit?

How did Randall become infected?

16. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I took it that everyone is infected and when you die you come back as a zombie. It explains why the guards were zombies but did not have bites. Randall re-animated after Shane broke his neck. Shane came back once Rick killed him.

I am glad that Dale's death finally drove those people to move into the house. The house provides protection and pulls them all together in a somewhat definsible location.

At least in this ep they used the buddy system and did not go off into the woods alone. I was beginning to think they were the dumbest bunch on God's planet.

Saw this on another board and it made me giggle.

[​IMG]

[LEFT][SIZE=4]I've got an hour till I have to kick some zombie ass![/SIZE]

[/LEFT]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  17. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think shane was goading rick into killing him. His whole basis of continuing on with Lori was that she wouldn't admit she had feelings for him. Then she did and it didn't matter, she was still going to be with rick. That and he realized he wasn't going to get away with killing randall.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

- First Dale and now Shane. :eek: No one is safe, except Rick. Two of the big characters are gone. I wonder how that'll affect the show.

- I wish we got to see more of Shane as a zombie.

- I was wondering why Dale wasn't a walker, but remembered that he was shot in the head.

- Funny how Carl was able to follow the gang through the woods at night and not get caught.

- Having zombies sneak up on people without being heard isn't totally believable.

That's what Lauren Cohan suggested on Talking Dead.

19. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Randall's final dialogue with Shane seems to indicate that Randall was a willing participant in his "wild bunch" harsh activities. Randall was a threat.

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't get where that whole army of walkers came from. My understanding of the farm was that it's completely encircled by a fence, far enough from the house and other places that walkers wouldn't be attracted by sight or sound. (This was the fence we actually saw them checking this very episode.) Yes, gunshots and the like would be enough to attract them, but the group doesn't fire guns that often. If a walker happened to come upon the fence, or was attracted by gunfire, he'd shamble around it for a while and eventually leave. The watcher on the RV was just in case one of them happened to get through the fence.

Now we see there's a whole army of walkers ready to converge on the place?? Yes, they were attracted by the shots, but they were already right there and practically within sight of the house! Is the place not as secure as I thought?

And Shane sure reanimated fast compared to Amy.