Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

======

ElimParra - welcome to the STO universe!

======

I don't remember the exact cost either, but it's a significant investment. That's why I was asking if it worth it. Not everything for sale in the Fleet Stores give a good return on investment.

The normal 5 doff slots that currently get me the best boosts are the ground and space for the ENGR and space for the SCI. Your actual mileage may vary...

=====

STO will be at Destination Star Trek!!!

Thanks

2. PaleMoonlight

PaleMoonlight Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Just a quick question for those who might know...I haven't been given my next mission yet. I just finished "The Ultimate Klingon" a couple of days ago, and I haven't been hailed by the admiral dude with the next mission yet? So far its always happened the instant you finish the preceding mission..is there sometimes meant to be a gap between them? Thanks

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

You probably closed the window accidentally when you did.
    click on that little starfleet delta button on the lower left corner of the minimap or press J on your keyboard to open the mission menu.

There you click on In Progress and at the top of the scroll down menu you should find the mission ready to turn in manually.

4. PaleMoonlight

Thanks for the reply

No such luck I'm afraid =/ I'm fairly sure I remember turning it in, at which point the next mission should have popped up, right? It doesn't appear to be under the "available" bit of the mission menu either...

5. Timelord Victorious

Then click on Episodes> Klingon Wasteland>scroll down to Doomsday Device which should be your next mission and hail.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I only had time to grind the sci ship on one toon. Will complete today. 3 were parked in orbit the other day and I just flew around them taking in the view. :-)

7. Timelord Victorious

Yes, aren't they an eysore. XD

I found myself parked near one in sector the other day. Would have made a snarky remark if not for teh fact that I was in a leveling Olympic class at the time! XD

Had I moved on to the Intrepid class, which I am enjoying now I would have had the high ground. ;)

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Made it to LtCommander on my main character. Some how there was a suffer up when I was getting my new ship. Ain't paying 15k for a new one at the moment. Had yet more fleet invites. Waiting on someone I know to send me one.

Didn't do anything with my secondary character that I made last night. Will leave her for a day or so, as I work with my main character and getting to Commander by the end of the weekend.

9. Timelord Victorious

To get a new ship you have to go talk to Admiral Quinn until he gives you several free tokens. One of them you can use at the shipyard to claim a free ship.
    Only the main line stock ships are available of course, even though the selection features a few better c-store choices.

If you want to join the TrekBBS Armada leave your name@handle in the fleet thread or here and someone will send you an invite at their next opportunity.

10. JeBuS

JeBuS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I got my Dyson Sphere Destroyer for my Romulan last night. Haven't used it yet, but I like the way it looks.

11. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I got my fed Dyson on my science toon, not too bad, kinda like it. Still working on my rom tac toom, the rom Dyson is prettier... I like the klingon one too but not working on it.

12. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    Im going to key in here don't mind me :)

I love leveling up and going through the ranks and all the ships! I actually have 3 Fed characters so I could try everything :P I never did play an Engineering Officer though. My first was a Tactical Officer I played all Cruisers. Then did a Science Officer w/ Science ships, and then another Tactical Officer w/ Tactical ships lol. My Rommy is also Tactical :/
    I did really enjoy leveling my Science Officer though! I love the Intrepid class :) My Science Officer is still sitting at Captain, I don't want to get rid of that ship haha.
    Got the Science Destroyer, but I decided to get it on my main Tactical Officer.

13. PaleMoonlight

I got it to work by replaying the previous mission...not sure what happened there. I think the same thing happened again, Admiral Quinn popped up saying "greetings" and not much else...maybe its a bug in the game? At least I know how to sort of fix it now heh

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it just me or does the new federation anniversery ship have a passing resemblance to some of the USS Vengeance concept designs?

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Fleet Mark bonus weekend starts tomorrow after the patch, so good weekend to get on grinding the crap out of them (50% bonus). If commendation reports count as well (not sure), could really cash in a boatload. Worst case, Colony Invasion is the quickest way to get them on the ground, takes <5 minutes and isn't bad. I generally switch through my couple toons in the fleet and run it on each of them whenever I log in.

Need a ton of marks for the Mine, which gets the mark discount, and then need slightly less for the embassy, so good time to get a nice bonus on doing these...

16. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ok, a question for all, having a hard time here. I've been trying to complete Tower Control but it never seems to complete. I'm playing with loads of people every zone is blue we get the the big T-rex at the end and kill it and then the whole zone resets to red and nothing... WTF?! How does one finish this damn mission, it's driving me crazy!!!! Thanks.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

should be working. As long as you've shot the T-Rex at least once, you should get 480 DIL when it dies, and then a bonus depending on how many out of 3 were killed. nothing else to it...

18. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

What scout101 said.. you run to the nearest T-Rex, shoot it a handful of times, quickly run to the next T-Rex, shoot it another handful and run to the third T-Rex. This time, you kill the T-Rex and run back to kill the first two T-Rexes if they are still alive.

Everyone does this and it guarantees that you get the full dilithium rewards for the ground battlezone.

19. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

If it's Tower Control, that's not a mission in the Battlezone - that's the various towers in the Contested Zone (space zone outside the Battlezone), taking control of the four(?) towers there from the Voth.

20. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's also a good time to collect some marks for those reputations you already completed. Get them and hold on to them, and then cash them out during the next Dilithium weekend for the bonus amount.

The battleground is great for marks. I earned over 600 marks during the last Dil weekend and cashed them all out for Dil. Battleground also gives you those Voth components you can cash out for Dil if you don't need them for anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.