TV Ratings (Monday 9th March)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Or a combination of all of them. Chuck's a cult show by it's nature. Like Buffy or Supernatural. Go to any of the NBC boards Chuck fans outnumber Heroes fans or Office fans 3 to 1. That's the only thing keeping it from getting Knight Rider like numbers. A new night would be wonderful for both shows. Because a cult show just can't stand up against juggernauts like CBS's comedy shows and the rest.

Personally, I think they need to move Chuck to USA, as it's a niche show and would fit in well there back to back with Burn Notice.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes because the night is the issue. :rolleyes:

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

It might be because Heroes TIVO numbers would bring the show to around 10 million and at least 0.5 to 1.0 increase in the demo.

4. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

It's half the issue. Every other network has their top premiere shows on that night. That's a fact. Heroes, which used to be NBC's top premiere show, has pissed away and alienated more viewers then Enterprise or Voyager could have ever hopped to. And as such, it's lead in and follow up shows have greatly suffered as a result. Medium and Chuck used to pull in between 8-10 million viewers. Now it's barely 6-7. And the sad thing is they're still doing better then the vast majority of NBC's other programing. So it could be argued they're the only shows that could go up against the other networks that night and not completely bottom out.

If you don't like Chuck, that's fine and I really don't care. But it's not like it's in the same category as Knight Rider, Dollhouse, Sarah Conner Chronicles, or My Own Worst Enemy. So don't pretend that is because the show ain't your thing.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I don't do enough of these anymore...

Winners...
    Honorable Mention...
    Not As Good As It Looks....
    20 Episodes from the series finale...
    Losers...

Round-Up...

DWTS came back is great style and took away viewers from every other show though expect that to change over the next weeks till at least the final few episodes. Castle may look good but DWTS overran 2 minutes I think but I do know last 30 mins saw Castle lose over 2 million viewers, so expect big drops over the next few weeks...Sorry Nathan Fillion

FOX saw House hit a season low but most shows would kill for those ratings and the demo remains one of the best no matter how low the total viewers drop but expect House to end the season back in the 15 million range. 24 went up from last week and for good reason, this season has been miles better than last year, well done to the 24 writers.

CBS was down but still very strong especially in the demo and its very hard to see any of these shows having any trouble in being picked up, infact expect all of them to get new pickups before the end of March but Worst Week is still expected to get the AXE

Heroes is already dead and NBC will take the 18 episode option meaning after 20 more episodes, Heroes will reach the Series Finale episode and the once great hit will fail to break 80 episodes when Tim Kring spoke 2 years ago about ending on 100 --- FAT CHANCE. Chuck will most likely get a small pickup but Medium is well and truly dead IMO, old show not as cheap as it once was and NBC getting rid of hours next season...so going down down down.

CW - Repeats why not...air Reaper on mondays then :rolleyes:

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I don't understand why there's so much competition on Monday and Thursday and then the rest of the week is a barren wasteland. On Monday you had at one point Prison Break, Terminator, Chuck, Heroes, Mother, Big Bang, and Two n Half Men, all shows I watch! And then Thursday you have the Office running against CSI running against Grey's Anatomy... why? Are the networks just trying to take a chunk out of their rivals at the expense of their own ratings?

7. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMG.. Just watched Castle.. It is too funny!!! Everybody needs to watch it.