50th Anniversary Wish List

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by toonloon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

A movie featuring the remaining original series crew and throw in cast from tng,ds9,voy,and maybe enterprise.

2. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

I would like the some of the original 16 mm prints (maybe in the Roddenberry archives) of the TOS bloopers restored. That would be a wonderful gift to the fans :)

:)Spockboy

3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be pretty awesome. They were pretty funny :lol:. Documentaries would be good for it as well.

4. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I agree with you.

I've been thinking about how Coto said he wanted TATV to be a tribute to the 18 years of Star Trek.

I'm not as restrictive as Coto. I would like aspects of all 5 series for 50 years of Star Trek in a movie either joining the eras through time travel or each series leaving messages or some task for the next Enterprise team to do. Then the TNG Enterprise would include the DS9 and VOY casts in its task somehow.

You could include remaining live members of TOS and selected (or all) members of the other series and reuse lots and lots of existing scenes from the series or movies.

While I'd like the overall story to make sense I'd be happy to have just an optimistic good feeling plot. Its a tribute story after all.

And if you were clever you could show TAS or the online game on TV or something. And Abrams Trek.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Good ideas.

I'd like to see PLANET OF THE TITANS done with the fx as available then--a period piece...

6. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

My wish list (first things, first):
    • correct restoration of the 11 feet VFX Enterprise model at the Smithsonian (NASM)
    • TOS re-release on Blu-ray with episode production order (seriously, who cares about the network imposed airdate order?), option to watch original VFX but with the new digital matte paintings, upgrade revision of previously "enhanced" CGI VFX in space
    Bob

7. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Here is a fine illustration what I mean by "upgrade revision" from the current Romulan BoP fan art thread (notice the Enterprise textures):

[​IMG]

(I'm not advocating a special edition of TOS-R, this example just shows how film-like and real it could look or - :rolleyes: - could have looked).

Bob

8. albion432

albion432 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My wish list:

1) I would love to see them made a made for tv movie that dramatizes the production years of TOS, from Roddenberry's series pitch through the end of the original series. Spend a little bit of time showing "the filming of" but focus on the cast and producers outside of the studio.

2) Release all remaining deleted footage from Phase II and all the movies.

3) And all the wonderful ideas everyone else has come up too!

9. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just an Enterprise-E wall clock from ebay and it looks great and even lights up.