Resurrection - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Kurtwood Smith, Omar Epps)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danny99, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Resurrection - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Kurtwood Smith, Omar Ep

He must be an early returned...the clothes his family was wearing suggests 1950's...otherwise they ought to have 1970's type of clothing.

I was expecting that particular family would have been lynched back then...

And for the time jump...i thought he was 9, so he should be OK for 1 season :lol:

Well, i thought Bellamy would escape. then, with believe being cancelled, they can do the story of the week as they run away from town to town.

Not sur ehow they can handle it now.

Also, it was nice that they mentioned the doctor's theory on how the returned were returning, and turned out to be wrong.

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I was also thinking that Bellamy is a returned. He must have died in the flood and then returned as a baby in the 1970s. Or else he survived the flood and then died at his current age and only returned more recently. It isn't really clear yet whether or not the returned can age. The first option seems more likely though.

This show really is so much like Under the Dome. So many silly implausible things going on. Like someone in immigration makes one phone call based on the word of an agent who hasn't showed up to work for a week and suddenly truckloads of humanitarian aid appear in an hour. If only the government were actually that efficient at responding to disasters.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When the Thompson family was talking to the Langston's, Henry said something like when he ran the mill some of the workers used to stay in houses in the area where they were talking about being kept in a flood and the man said to him that Henry's *GRANDFATHER* housed workers there too.

So he's not even talking about having died when Henry's father was running the mill, but when his grandfather was running the mill. So that and their style of dress guessing 30s to 50s.

Bellamy was found and just thought to be 'abandoned' and then raised and grew up so I guess he's the first 'returned' at least until we find out more.

I'm wondering what was up with the dead cicadas at the town border though.

In some cultures cicadas represent rebirth/transformation. I wonder if there's a dead cicada for every returned that just appeared.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show started off slow, but fun, then had a few "ehh episodes" in the middle but really needed on a high note. All within 7 episodes. :lol:

I think the point of the cicadas was "a life for a life" but who is residing who comes back.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Channelling you inner Pushing Daisies there?

6. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Maybe it was just one cicada that keeps coming back again and again. The ground was littered with cicada shells, not dead cicadas.

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

^Ooooh good idea. I noticed too that there were a lot of empty shells, but I didn't connect the dots.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the army wasn't allowed to do well armed stuff on American soil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

(How the southern states could finally breath safely at night without with out fear that the union Army would come back and start burning shit down to prove who was boss.)

Only the National Guard under orders from the Governor in response to a natural disaster can use soldiers as peace keepers and a labour force to help out during said natural disaster.

What's going on here is horribly illegal even when it was just humanitarian aid.

An high ranking officer in ICE asks a buddy to occupy a town in a different state on her say so alone?

This however that eventuated/escalated is a mutiny/insurrection bordering on cessation and even invasion, which is exactly why Soldiers are not allowed to enforce federal law on individual states. Not that they are enforcing Federal Law at all.

What is the rank of the bloke in charge?

"Colonel."

That does seem to be a state flag on his arm too.

Which means that he's probably retired from the regular military and plays colonel once a month when he yells at a few dozen assistant football coaches running around the woods... Not that that lessens his authority as a Colonel, but fuuuuuck... Ring the Governor before you start building concentration camps on American soil you dim twat.

I wonder if you killed some of those soldiers, if they would come back instantaneously?

If Colonel Stone was a Returnee, methinks he wouldn't be so quick to build that camp.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

This is the year 2014, rules and laws are thrown out the window and everyone seems OK with it.

10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Question -- don't the current Returned all have hyper metabolisms where they need to eat where more than the usual person? And has trouble sleeping?

Do we know if Bellamy snacks a lot (i.e. eating something during scenes)?

A plot point that may have been overlooked -- or something significant?

11. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

It seemed that was only when they first returned. Like they haven't eaten for a while. After they're here, they seem normal.