What's up with some DS9 fanboys' attitude?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Nacluv, May 15, 2013.

1. RXTT

RXTT Lieutenant Red Shirt

DS9 fans are the way they are (seemingly arrogant, prideful, etc.) because of the way DS9 and it's fans have been treated by the general Trek culture. DS9 was, from the first, insulted, demeaned, ridiculed, and denigrated by Trek TOS and TNG fans. That's just the facts. Any 'Tude you feel from DS9 fans is in response to the insults hurled at us and at OUR SHOW since it began in the 90's.

DS9 was always seen as the bastard Trek, as the "one that got it wrong." That is a load of CRAP. DS9 was the only Trek show with balls enough to do what it did over and over and over and never getting soft, never getting simple-minded. While all other Treks worked at creating great stories, DS9 was creating ART.

NINER 4 LIFE!

2. Dal Rassak

Dal Rassak Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Personally, I think the first three shows were all great. The first Trek for introducing the original concept and some great characters, Next Gen for taking up the baton and running with it in its own way - staying faithful to the idea without becoming a mere spin-off, DS9 for daring to take a whole different angle on the whole thing.

I would say I enjoyed DS9 the most because I'd say taken all-in-all it had the most consistenly high quality of writing.

Voyager is an inferior-quality re-hash of TNG, and ENT likewise. No new ideas. Both the last series are in large parts unwatchable dross. Of course no film studio can resist milking a cash cow until it keels over...