The Impossible Girl: Who IS Clara Oswin Oswald?!?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Nightowl1701, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Seriously, who the hell is she??

1. A long overdue family reunion - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Susan!

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. The One Who Got Away - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Romana!

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. 'Til Death do us part? I don't think so, Sweetie - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated post-Library R

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. She's a MAN, man - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Master!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If at first you don't succeed... - Clara's the ultimate Anti-Doctor weapon of the Silence, Mark II!

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. A sneak preview of things to come - Clara's a Watcher, but WILL BE the Twelfth Doctor!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hello again - Clara's a fobwatched, future (post-Doctor) version of Sexy!

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Eye See You - Clara's Prisoner Zero!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. You'll never see it coming - None of the above, and even stranger than all!

56 vote(s)
    87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure there's probably a clue somewhere in the upcoming episodes. We know there's one where they travel to the heart of the TARDIS, so maybe that's when she gets split off into three different time streams.

2. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

I know she isn't, but I rather wish she was a fob watched Romana, because she'd make a great incarnation of the character.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope she isn't a returning character because that will complicate things even further than Moffat usually does. I'd much rather she were bait for the Doctor, or some kind of shattered existence caused by later events of the original modern day incarnation, or something of that sort. I just don't see any benefit in making her a timelord or a projection of the TARDIS or whatever else any more than River benefited from being turned into a timeheaded child of his companion.

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't see any benefit of making her a past character, but I also don't see any benefit of making her a plant or weapon of some kind - that's too derivative of River and it would just make the Doctor even more tragic.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

My guess is The Doctor is going to find more versions of Clara only for them to die. The Doctor becomes so grief stricken at loosing companion after companion that he finally turns mad. He tries all sorts of ways to revive her and somehow ends up creating so many duplicate copies of her all across space and time that he is eventually bound to bump into one sooner or later, which is what his younger self bumped into.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You actually make me wish they had used her as a Romana. I love both the Romanas and they are both very spunky ad Jenna-Louise Coleman would make a fantastic Romana 3, IMHO

If Lalla decides to give up the Audios, I'd certainly welcome an opportunity to explore JLC as a Regenerated Romana

7. Alidar Jarok

I personally think Lalla Ward should come back as a guest appearance. I don't really see the need for a new Romana companion - she belongs too much with Tom Baker, but she would be great to see.

8. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oswin in Asylum of the Daleks reminded me of Zoe. Only hornier.

9. Alidar Jarok

I don't think it's Clara you're thinking of with that last part.

10. DalekJim

I couldn't imagine what you mean :p.

11. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

This.

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I know that after a rather weak (imo) start to the season (aside from Asylum, I really enjoyed that one), this whole Clara mystery has reinvigorated my interest in the show. It helps that I've really taken a liking to Jenna, and cannot wait to see her become Eleven's new companion.

Damn, why do we have to wait till April?

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I've seen her compared to Zoe and Victoria, but you know who she really reminds me of? Dawn Wells. If they ever get that Gilligan's Island feature film remake off the ground, Coleman would be a fantastic Mary Ann.

Anyway, I don't want her to be a trap, or someone who dies every week, or any of that gimmicky stuff. I don't want her to be a story arc, I want her to be a companion, one who can stick around for a good long run and be a fully realized character rather than just a plot device.

14. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

The other possibility to her being fragmented is that she is a personified version of Bad Wolf, sent through time by the Doctor himself. "Memory" and "remembering" seem to be memes that are following her as well. If the anniversary is, indeed, Trenzalore and the asking of the question, perhaps she is connected to that as the answer or a link to the answer - sort of like a transgalactic, transtemporal reminder - message that River or the Doctor or River & the Doctor or the other Doctors themselves create and send back through the 11th Doctor's own timestream as a means of reminding him of who he is when the time comes or she (the "contemporary day" Clara we see volunteers to become this for him/them.

15. DalekJim

Honestly, I almost hate speculating as it builds up my expectations too much. I had all these insane theories about how The Doctor would cheat death in Series 6 and it turned out it was just uh... a robot copy we saw die. Probably the simplest, most mundane explanation possible.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, in fairness, Amy was essentially just a plot device in Season 5. The only reason The Doctor decided to keep her around was because of the crack in her wall. Once the cracks were sealed, though, she became his friend and, I think, the best companion that he has had since Rose (in terms of his relationship with her, not in terms of how much fans like her).

He was going to take Clara on as companion before he knew she was a plot device. Then she died. Now she is a mystery that he wants to solve. Once solved, assuming she's still alive, there's no reason she can't make the transformation from plot device to actual character.

17. Anachronus

Anachronus Commodore Commodore

Simple...she's a Cylon. :D

18. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or a sentient souffle recipe.

19. who.me

who.me Ensign Red Shirt

20. who.me

who.me Ensign Red Shirt

Well so far you have seen the past and future of clara and now the series continues with the present clara (Past, Present & Future). Could be a clue