Brig security officer's species?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by alpha_leonis, Jan 8, 2014.

1. alpha_leonis

alpha_leonis Captain Captain

STID had a very brief (split-second) shot of the alien security officer stationed outside Khan's cell in the Enterprise brig. It was just long enough of a shot to confirm that the officer was alien, but not long enough to get a lot of details about the individual's appearance.

During that split second, though, I thought the officer looked an awful lot like a Lurian (Morn's species from DS9.) Does anybody have the ability to post a screen cap to confirm or disprove?

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I know there was a screencap somewhere, but it might take some time to track it down. In the meantime, would the picture from the character's Memory Alpha entry do?

Though there are some superficial similarities in appearance between Moto and Morn, I think that the brig security officer is probably meant to be something other than Lurian.

Edit:

Picture of Moto at station now attached.

Attached Files:

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Moto reminded me of Ssarsun of the ancient Kraith fan stories, who was a Schillian (although looking back now, they don't look nearly as similar as I'd thought)

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Do the other crewmen refer to him as "Mr. Moto"?

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Moto is Heather Langenkamp, y'know. ;)

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Mr. Saavik

7. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TIL, for sure. It's pretty great that she's in the movie. And judging from that memory alpha entry that M' linked above, I love her enthusiasm!