The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello, I'm Trekgirl, otherwise known as Randi. I've been a Trekkie (yes, trekkie, not trekker) since The Original Series. I've never really known what the difference between Trekkie and Trekker was, but when anyone asks the mouth says Trekkie. Go figure.
    I've watched (and now own) all the serieses (is that a word?) although, ashamedly, i gave up on Enterprise. (Don't worry, i've already beaten myself with a painstick for that one.)
    However, when asked which is my favorite i always have to say TOS. Shatner was (and still is, thank heavens) God. He may be a bit oversized now, but he is still God.
    I've lurked here for a while now and it was the new movie that finally got me to de-cloak. I feel the need to "DISCUSS" and there arent many people in my real world to do that with.
    I loved JJ's movie, i loved the cast and i swear to The Great Bird seeing it (three times so far) has made me feel younger and more energized than i have in a long time.
    Thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself and thank you for giving me a place to 'tawk' with other fans!!

2. Yeoman Randi

At the risk of sounding extremely stupid...does this mean that other countries show the movie dubbed? I find this "fascinating". (OUCH!) And surprising! I never knew!

3. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

not all of them dub it. it depends.

welcome to the forum, btw. :)

4. Toruika

Toruika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:alienblush: I forgot to post here.

I was raised on TOS. We went to see all the movies, and we'd religiously watch TNG when it was out. I never quite got into DS9 (as I really liked Babylon 5 at the time), and Voyager totally lost me. I went to see Generations and First Contact, but after that, I just wasn't as into Trek as I once was. So I missed out on Enterprise, though now, I'm thinking I might have to go back and watch that one.

I was excited about the Star Trek movie, partially because of casting (especially ZQ for Spock, since I'm a Heroes fan). I'd say I love TOS and TNG about the same: hard for me to choose. The new movie has rekindled my interest, and I've been catching TOS when I can. I adore some of the montages put together and placed on Youtube. Lots of fun there.

It's a big thing for me to see the same movie twice. I hadn't done that in a long time... And I did that with Madea Goes To Jail, because it was so funny and yet so deep. So for me to be going to see ST2009 tonight for the 4th time is pretty big!! :lol: But I would have seen it more, had I the opportunity. Tonight's the first night I'm driving since I messed up my ankle, in early May.

I've been enjoying the threads, here, and I'm grateful for how welcoming everyone's been, too. Thanks, y'all!

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome, new people!

Yeah, it varies by country. In Germany, for example, where Iasius lives, the people who did the German-speaking voices for some Trek series gained a certain celebrity status of their own and make convention appearances.

I think I recall someone saying about the Italian dub for one of the later Star Trek trailers that they recognized some of the voices as being those of popular dubbing actors.

6. Yeoman Randi

I had no idea! Pretty funny that the dubbers gained their own popularity/notoriety~ Thanks for answering my question~

7. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome trekgril and Toruika! Go forth, post, and be merry. :D

8. Toruika

Toruika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! Have done and will do! *refrains from cheesy hobbit joke*

9. gimpy117

gimpy117 Commander Red Shirt

Hello I'm Gimpy117

Otherwise Known as Dylan

I'm going to be attending Western Michigan University This fall. I grew up with Voyager and have liked trek ever since. I am extremely happy to see trek back. I've always sorta been a closet fan however, I can't really say I'm a trekkie, rather I'm a good fan.

I live in wonderful Traverse City, MI, and cherry fest starts Sunday :eek: oh geez it's gonna get crazy here

10. M'Sharak

We take all kinds. :hugegrin:

11. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

That they do - hey, they even let me in :shifty:

12. Mrs_Whatsit

Mrs_Whatsit Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Mrs_Whatsit. I've been a Trek fan since the original run of TOS in the 60s, and have faithfully watched and enjoyed every series and movie since then. It's been a huge part of my life; Mr_Whatsit and I bonded over our shared love of Star Trek on our first date, and he even asked me to marry him while we were watching a TNG episode (although neither of us can remember anymore which episode it was).

I loved, loved, LOVED the new movie, and I found this place while trolling the Internet for more information. I've already posted a few times in the Karl Urban-related threads (Dr. McCoy has always been my favorite, and Mr. Urban has revitalized that particular crush in a BIG way :drool:) and a couple of other threads as well, but I thought it was time I said hi to everyone in general. So hello, and thanks to all who have been so friendly and welcoming!

13. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

Hi, I'm from the "everything important I know I learned from Star Trek" place.
    Love Kung-fu & Firefly & Dark Angel as well.
    Toodles.

14. Rory B. Bellows

Rory B. Bellows Cadet Newbie

Greetings, I am known as Rory B. Bellows. I used to read this site a lot, but I've been away for several years! I see lots of changes here! Anyway, I'm glad to be back and look forward to you all thinking that I'm an idiot-and being correct :)

15. M'Sharak

Welcome, new people! :)

16. trampledamage

:lol:

You'll find a lot hasn't changed... And we're all idiots here, it's in the terms and conditions of registration :)

17. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome newcommers and returnee :D

18. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

It has been a blast so far, and the way my "Plato" thread was closed was particularly hi-larious!:guffaw:
    Really, thanks.:)

19. jessicaX

jessicaX Cadet Newbie

Hey all I couldn't find the introduction thread yesterday so posted in the wrong place :)

So I am Jess and I was brought up on a combo of TOS and TNG - I love Data, The Borg, Q and I always had a weird crush on Riker :drool: - even with the beard :scream:

Saw the film last year and loved it - 'cept that ear thing :eek:

JessX

20. trampledamage

Hey - welcome to the BBS.

But... what ear thing?