What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm definitely enjoying the Edward storyline. I'm still iffy on the present-day story, but I still have quite a way to go - maybe it'll grow on me.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked up "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" earlier tonight. I believe this is the first day one purchase for me since StarCraft 2. I'm just on the first dungeon, but I haven't had this much fun with a Zelda game since Oracle of Ages.

The linear, hand-holding style adopted by Zelda games for the past two decades seems to have been completely ditched in favour of an open world and exploration reminiscent of the NES era. Fortunately, there's way more to do than play the Money Making Game with old men in caves. Given the extremely positive reception for this game, I hope that we've seen the last of the likes of Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It won't. The present-day story may as well be removed from the game; it serves absolutely no purpose.

But the Edward story is a lot more fun than Connor's story.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I restarted Valkyria Chronicles a few days ago, but just picked up Star Ocean: The Last Hope International earlier tonight and started playing it instead.

5. Wadjda

Wadjda Commander Red Shirt

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I very hesitantly picked up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag the other night after absolutely abhorring ACIII... and am loving the hell out of it! Finally, Assassin's Creed is fun again! I love the Captain Edward Kenway character and how he's scamming everybody. Ubisoft did a good job dialing down the seriousness dial on this one.

7. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Woot! I finally have a customized av and title in KOL. :D I'm collecting monster data right now, so I'm donating a lot of my extra loot to the clan.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Wandered in to Leeds yesterday to see what was cheap, and picked up a haul of seven, four of which I actually need for work - seriously. I'm writing a book about treasure hunting in popular culture, so I grabbed Tomb Raider Anniversary (which I hadn't got before, thinking it was just a graphical update, and then discovered in Legend and Underworld that they'd rewritten it to fit in between the two) and this year's Tomb Raider reboot (on the understanding that, according to those who've played it, it's a lot less rape-threat-ey than the ads and marketing suggested); also, since I'm bringing out an updated Beautiful Monsters, I nabbed the 360 remake of Aliens Vs Predator, and Colonial Marines, since they'll be covered.

And also grabbed Goldeneye Reloaded, Far Cry 3, and Hitman Absolution, cos they're all holes in the collection and I'd wanted them anyway...

Not bad for about £4 a throw (well, FC3 was £8 and the new TR £10)

And i've still to play Witcher 2 and Skyrim from earlier in the year...

So, I've plenty to look forward to after I finish Mafia II...

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The new Tomb Raider is a good game, not great but good. Same goes for Tomb Raider Anniversary. I have Hitman Absolution and FarCry 3 to play on PS+ when I get round to it.

I hear Terrible, terrible things about Colonial Marines and AvP was so bad I switched it off after 20 minutes and sent the disc back. Though maybe they get better.

10. Lonemagpie

Having tested them all out on the first missions, Far Cry 3 hooked me the most by a long way, the new Tomb Raider second. AVP and CM look like pretty bland generic shooters but I get a kick of out of the motion tracker sound effect, and I *have* to play them in order to review them...

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I loved the new Tomb Raider... partially because I'm a big fan of Camilla Luddington who plays Lara. And yeah, FC3 is a REALLY fun game.

12. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Just started playing the Day Z mod for Arma 2, as well as Legend Of Grimrock. Am enjoying both...wish I could spawn near my buddy when playing Day Z, it's getting tiresome having to spend thirty minutes or so just trying to find him in the world.

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Herzog Zwei

14. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

NfS Rivals and CoD Ghosts - PS4 versions

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

WoW.

Don't tell anyone!

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The Last of Us

17. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apart from SWTOR I'm playing Guns of Icarus and Civ5 with friends. Solo I took advantage of the Steam Autumn sale to get Papers, Please and The Stanley Parable.

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

So I just plugged in my NES for the first time in three years because somebody on the internet dared me to play Ghosts and Goblins.

And I found out something. My NES still works perfectly, but I have four NES controllers and THEY ALL HAVE STICKY RIGHT BUTTONS.

Yeah, I know I could play a ROM. Eh. I don't wanna.

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You need some rubbing alcohol, a box of q-tips, and a screwdriver. Your controllers will be as good as new. Cleaning your old hardware and software is the price that every retro gamer has to pay to play on the original hardware. It's worth it. And once you beat Ghosts 'n Goblins you can tackle Battletoads.

I just bought Sky Shark, R.C. Pro-Am, and Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2 last night. It took me 7 game overs to finally beat the first level in Sky Shark and then I promptly got a game over within a minute. I love NES games.

20. Lonemagpie

Tomb Raider Anniversary