Purchasing a single disc from a series box set

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by digger, Sep 9, 2008.

1. digger

digger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember reading a post here some time ago about what someone could do if they have a damaged disc in a series DVD set and needed to replace it. For the life of me, I can't find the thread. But if someone has advice on how I could go about purchaing a single replacement disc from a series box set, without re-buying the entire season again, I would appreicate it.

I sent an email to Paramount but haven't heard back from them. I went to this link:

http://www.paramount.com/paramount.php

Clicked on "The Studio" at the top right, then clicked on "Frequently Asked Questions" at the bottom left. Question 9 listed an email address ( PHE_CustomerService@Paramount.com ), but I'm not sure if this is the correct email, since I haven't heard back.

Any other places I could contact?

thanks for any help,
    mike.

2. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Many companies who sell commercial DVDs have a program where you can register your product and one of the benefits you get from this is the ability to replace individual defective discs of a set.

However, this is a Paramount DVD you are talking about, so I doubt if they have this feature. Paramount is notorious for its contempt of the people who purchase its products.

3. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Good luck replacing it. I have the same problem with a couple of TNG disc's. It would be easier to borrow the disc or rent it from Netflix and settle for a copy as your replacement. Don't ask me how. This is not the place for that discussion and we don't want the thread to get deleted or locked.

4. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never had problems getting companies to replace my defective DVD even if it's been months since I've bought it (which is fairly common for me, I usually don't get to DVD right when I buy them).

However, I've never had to deal with Paramount before so I'm not sure how they deal with the issue.

5. Katatak47

Katatak47 Commodore Commodore

I ran across this problem with a set of Boston Legal that I'd received as a gift. I found an obscure email address after much searching on Fox's website. It seemed to take a month or more before I received an answer asking for my address and confirming which disk needed replacement. I had the disk in hand in another 1-2 months, no questions asked.

Haven't had to deal with Paramount -- so far -- on this particular issue but I can tell you that the network sites don't make it easy for you to even find a contact address other than for programming or news. I'd say give it another month to hopefully get a reply from them. I used to hear on this board that others had 'no problems' getting disks replaced with Paramount but things change so much from year to year.

Keep trying. Like I said, they don't make it easy, but it can be done.