Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 15, 2013.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Johnny Blaze is believed to be dead...but he's not, he just looks like it.

2. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

One issue I had of Avengers, the Avengers were trying to catch the Ghost Rider when he was in a nasty stage, having burned up Angel. The Avengers were in Texas and heard the description of Ghost Rider, then one of the incidental local characters said "Once they try Marge's chili, their heads will be on fire!"

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

They got that bit of news from IMDb, so take it with a grain of salt for now. That'd probably be about the soonest it could conceivably debut, though, with the production teams currently busy with post-production on Luke Cage, filming Iron Fist, and writing/pre-production on The Defenders, which is due to start filming in late summer/early fall I believe. Not to mention they'll probably get started on Jessica Jones season 2 sometime after The Defenders finishes filming, presumably along with Daredevil season 3.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't Wesley getting a little long in the fang for Blade? If so, I'm sure Sticky Fingaz is available.

DWMarch likes this.
  6. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

If Snipes returns as Blade, do you think it would retroactively bring the first movie / trilogy into the MCU, or would it be a reboot / retelling of the first movie or something similar, spread over an entire season?

Totally on board for Snipes either way. That would be awesome.

7. HarryCanyon1982

HarryCanyon1982 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ever since that cameo at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, one of Marvel's funniest and weirdest characters Howard The Duck could be given another chance as a TV-MA Netflix show and his cameo stunned fans of the anthro character from the Steve Gerber comics.

It can be called Marvel's Howard! It can star Emma Watson or Zoe Deutch (Lea's daughter) as Beverly Switzler and The Ringmaster can be a guest villain, Seth Green can reprise his voice role with WETA doing the effects. Sacha Baron Cohen can play Ringmaster.

The show can be a bit like Deadpool in it's deadpan 4th wall breaking sense of humor meets Roger Rabbit and Sunny in Phildelphia. It can have some guests like She-Hulk (She is a friend of Howard and his and Beverly's lawyer), Man-Thing, Dr. Strange and others. It can be Marvel's answer to Fox's Deadpool.

I mean if the original film was considered a failure (even though it's a guilty pleasure of mine) just like how the Fox Daredevil film was considered a failure (but good in it's director's cut which is better than the butchery) as Fox gave back the rights to Daredevil to Marvel Studios as Marvel made people like Daredevil better as much as Fox made Deadpool likable than Wolverine Origins then Marvel/Disney can make Howard likable again even have James Gunn and Seth Green can co wrote and co make the show. And if audiences accepted a talking raccoon, maybe this duck is next and based on the modern incarnation from the recent comics and classic comics by Steve Gerber. Seth Green can co-create/write the show since he is a fan of the Howard comics since he was a kid and can do justice to Gerber's creation.

If the Daredevil show made everyone forget the 2003 film as much as the upcoming Punisher show will make everyone forget the last 3 attempts, the upcoming Ghost Rider show will make everyone forget the Sony attempts etc. then this ideal show of mine can make people forget about the 1986 film (Despite i do like it as a guilty pleasure) as Marvel has done better than just licensing their products to other studios in the past (except Deadpool which Fox has done well).

8. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I'd certainly be game for Howard at least showing up in someone's show, if they didn't have him in his own. He's a PI like Jessica Jones, they could run into each other on the same case.