Reign - The CW

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Taylirious, May 16, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Last night's episode was the best one I've seen so far this season. Mary gets to marry the man she truly loves, thanks to Nostradamus' newly revised prophecy (I'll get to that in a minute). But alas, poor Bash! :( He must feel royally screwed and used by Mary when Francis returns and wins her love once again.

As for the prophecy, Nostradamus can't seem to make up his mind. Is Francis going to live or die? And it appears that Clarissa is still alive. :eek:

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Once I got past the hives-inducing historical nonsense that was Mary de Guise's appearance at the French court, to say nothing of her accent (she's French, so shouldn't she have an English accent like all of the French characters?), I generally enjoyed "Consummation."

I was surprised by how bad I felt for Bash and his fall. I know, historically, there was no such person (Henri never had children by Diane de Poitiers), and I know, historically, Francis and Mary marry. Still, when everything -- his love, his freedom, his life -- came crashing down around him, through no fault of his own, it was a moment when I went, "Well, damn." Bash has been, frankly, one of the series' most compelling characters, which I didn't think I'd say when it started. I'm not sure who to blame the most for Bash's fall -- Catherine, Nostradamus, Francis, Mary?

Clarissa turning out to be alive didn't surprise me at all.

I was bothered by the slut-shaming of Lola by Kenna.

And for a royal wedding in Notre Dame, the cathedral didn't look nearly impressive enough. :)

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The CW has released a "Director's Cut" of the most recent episode which features two sex scenes that were deemed inappropriate for television. This upset the Parents Television Council.

Watch the scenes here.

Read more...

5. Allyn Gibson

Wow, those were tame.

6. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The EP was surreal for me. LOL. I love Kenna! :adore:

About PTC, children probably see more stuff at school and at home plus it takes 3 seconds to find inappropriate material online. :rommie:

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

3 seconds?

Are you still on dial up?

8. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I type slow. :shrug:

9. Guy Gardener

Woman have it so easy that they can masturbate and still type with both hands.

10. Guy Gardener

Defenesphilia?

11. Gryffindorian

Bah! I could swear that was the exact same scene I saw last week. What was different about the video?!

As for tonight's episode, well played, Catherine, bravo! She was quite brilliant and resourceful, covering up the death of the lady ambassador whom Henry accidentally pushed.

Poor Lola. She was ready to get an abortion, but Mary stopped her just in time. How pregnant is she anyway? It almost seems like it's only been a few days since she slept with Francis.

12. Guy Gardener

In the beginning, the royal couple said that they were returning from a 2 month long honeymoon, which may or may not have included transit.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  13. Allyn Gibson

Last night was so schizophrenic. We had a surprisingly amusing black comedy with Henri and Catherine, interspersed with a 16th-century afterschool special about back alley abortions.

Lola's pregnancy wasn't a surprise from the moment she came out and said the dress was too small. Mary's naive reaction to the pregnancy was amusing -- and surprisingly in historical character (Mary was bright but not especially sharp) -- and I'm curious to see how far Reign pushes that.

Bash, oh Bash. The most sympathetic character on the series, frankly, and he's left to flail against the unfairness of life. Dude, you're a royal bastard. Life isn't fair for royal bastards -- and when Henri dies before too long you're going to find out that life really isn't fair. The best thing for him, frankly, would be to go to Scotland. He'd be out of Francis' reach there, and he could make himself useful to Mary de Guise. Of course, now he has Hot Hunter Woman to keep him company, so long as Jealous/Overprotective Brother doesn't do anything stupid. Rowan/Hot Hunter Woman is apparently a recurring character, so maybe Bash will stick around.

I completely forgot who Olivia was; she's Francis' ex-girlfriend.

And the utter lunacy of Henri and Catherine pinning the "suicide" of the Archduke's sister on the dead priest... Oh, I should have rolled my eyes at it, but it was too silly!

Also, since when did Bohemia have a fleet? It's a landlocked region and always was.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

In the first clip, you see more of Francis between Mary's legs. In the second, you see the woman straddling Nostradamus and climaxing. These weren't in the episode.

I saw the clips before I saw the episode and thought the one with Mary was a dream sequence. Then I read that it was customary for people to watch the consummation.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i had completely forgot about her too.

16. Gryffindorian

Francis' admitting to Mary his affair with Lola was rather anticlimactic, and so was Mary's reaction.

Oh, by the way, I had a one-night stand with your best friend Lola.

Really? Okay, I forgive you.

Mary was more concerned with hiding the fact from her husband that she already knew.

On a side note, I'm curious about the beast that Bash would like to go after next week.

17. Allyn Gibson

I am still making the assumption that it's a human being.

I think Bash's strategy was right, and Rowan's decision to drug him was the wrong move. Not just because it ended up with her getting taken by the "creature," but because Bash's strategy, if successful, could have ended the threat of the "creature" altogether.

Given his recent behaviors, I suspect that it's Henri who attempted to kill Bash a few weeks ago, and not Francis or Catherine.

I completely forgot that Greer was still on the show. :)

I love this series' completely ahistorical and unrealistic expectations about love in the 16th-century. Greer's arranged marriage rings true. Lola's decision to wait for love does not.

So, what are the odds that next week Bash and Francis will rescue Rowan from her sacrifice in just the nick of time?

18. Gryffindorian

Has Henry gone completely mad?! It appeared as if he was ready to strike Bash, his own son, with a sword (and he did pour hot candle wax into the ear of one of his noblemen). And that peasant girl Penelope, who was supposed to be queen for a day, was quite devious for betraying Catherine.

Alas, brotherly love was not lost after all when Bash saved Henry after the latter had fallen into an icy lake, searching for this monster that was believed to be nothing more than an ordinary human being. Yet this monster remains to us a mystery.

Greer lost her chance of marrying a handsome nobleman when she was caught lip locked with her boyfriend, but the Lord Castleroy, who's always fancied her, proposed and saved her from certain disgrace. And for their sake, I how Mary finds Lola a husband.

19. Guy Gardener

Okay, because it's the 15th century and we are not completely sure that magic doesn't exist because Nostradamus seems to be a fully fucking functional wizard, I'm going to say something silly that doesn't exist... WITCHCRAFT!!!!

Penny slept with the baker to get the bean, so if she's playing a long game, this toxic little ginger might have hexed king Henry weeks ago in preperation for her arrival as the bean queen.

:)

If you're trying to place the actress, she was one of the stroppy twins in the English version of Skins.

20. Allyn Gibson

Ah, the madness of King Henri.

It's clear, from the way Catherine keeps bringing up headaches, that Henri has some sort of brain tumor. (Which isn't what kills him, by the way. He takes a lance in the face during a joust.) Either that, or a Ceti Eel crawling around.

I feel bad for Bash and, surprisingly, Kenna. I agreed with Bash's assessment of Kenna -- not someone I much like -- and that's not a "solution" that anyone wanted. The best thing for them is to not consummate the marriage, because then, probably once Henri comes down out of his madness, they could get an annulment for non-consummation.

Henri's new "queen" is cute. And Olivia's interest in Nostradamus had me going, "Wha?"