Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought some of it was funny, but overall this was definitely not one of their better episodes.

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Woof. That's all I have to say about the episode.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Definitely the weakest episode of the season so far, but at least I got a few laughs out of it.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The Colonel said that dogs weren't man's best friend. Then it was about to reveal why dogs were put here and then the spell wore off.

I agree with Brent. I like it when they do these off-the wall episodes. My only gripes involved the guy being able to disguise his clothes and the animals having a human level of savviness.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Well, the animal characteristics were based on magic, so that would explain the chameleon abilities. And the human-level savviness can be explained by Dean's mind filling in details on more basic animal-level impressions. When it's a humor episode, more excuses can be made. :D

I got a kick out of it. I think the Colonel was just screwing with Dean at the end and there's no special reason that dogs were put here. Unless that foreshadows next season's arc. :rommie:

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We all know why dogs are here. They are here to aid humans in their never ending battle against cats and their attempts to subjugate mankind.

7. Agent Richard07

Makes sense.

:lol: They should have revealed that.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was embarrassed to find myself enjoying that episode because objectively I thought it was pretty dumb and silly. Seeing Dean with his head out the window and barking at the mailman and so on made me laugh more than it had any right to.

9. Vendikarr

I liked how in the 'Then', they showed all these odd weird wacky things that have happened to the boys, to tell us, Yea, it's one of those.

10. Agent Richard07

^ I don't remember Dean ever screaming. When did that happen?

11. Vendikarr

it was the episode when Dean was infected with some fear thing. The same ep where the tiny dog with a bow chased him and he was running in terror.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The episode was Yellow Fever, and Dean screamed like a girl.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOOyv3vL6Us[/yt]

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Not the best comedy episode they've done but it was enjoyable enough.

14. Agent Richard07

"Yellow Fever"... Thanks. I don't remember the episode. I wouldn't mind checking it out again.

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I normally like the comedy episodes, but this one was just a little too cheesy and badly written for my tastes. The only time I even chuckled was when Dean fetched the ball of paper the first time once I realized what was going on, but after that it just kind of went downhill fast.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I can't believe people didn't like this episode. Dean became a dog! And argued with a pigeon! This felt like an episode right out of the good ole years, S3-5.

17. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I simply disagree. Unlike most of the other comedy episodes, this one was just dumb and juvenile. And that's being kind. Worse, it was boring.

There wasn't anything clever about it, either the ridiculous reason it was needed, the villain himself, the power he possessed, the reason he possessed it, or the way it was resolved. And the way the animals communicated (or that they had a shared language; why the fuck did the spell require a specific animal if that was the case?) was just... awful. No matter how a few people want to (poorly) try to rationalize it, even though none of those ridiculous ideas were even remotely hinted at in the show.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I'm usually fine with Supernatural's odd-ball episodes. This one was pretty bad, though. I can't defend it.

19. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Oh C'Mon!!! This episode was supposed to be funny and enjoyable...which IMO it was. A HELLUVA lot better than Look Who's Talking Now! Those that think it stunk should write their own episodes methinks....:wtf:

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Much better episode this week.
    Still mostly paint by numbers filler, but had some really nice moments with Cas adapting to humanhood as regular Steve.

Crowley's phone call was hilarious. :guffaw:

And it seems like we are stuck with Angels on Earth.