Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 5 DVD problems

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ian Keldon, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Vol 5 is out now apparently, but has some pretty serious problems. First off, the eps are in production order, not air order, which means that the storyline is scrambled, and some eps are spoiled.

Secondly, only 13 eps are on these two discs, but Disney has told at least one person who wrote to them that this is the "entire" 2nd season. That is patently untrue, as S2 has some 24-25 eps. It appears Disney isn't going to finish the release (which shouldn't surprise anyone, how many shows has it done this to now?)

Does anyone have any newer or better information?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The complete season 2 was available through other means 6 months ago (longer?) because Australia said fuck it and aired half a season in a month. The US on the other had is still airing episodes, they're only up to episode 20 last I noticed.

Maybe you're jumping the gun?

Of course they're not going to release a dvd of a show they haven't finished airing first run yet.

You could dvr the episodes as they come out/ in rerun. have you cracked your dvr and connected it to your pc?

Perhaps you should wait patiently for the tenth anniversary special Boxset which will have all the episodes in the in the correct order and dvd commentaries?

3. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

^Don't have a dvr as I don't have cable. Can't afford it. I get a VERY select handful of shows on DVD as they come out.

Is it announced for certain that the US will get the 2nd half?

4. Guy Gardener

5. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forget about DVDs. They are slowly degrading on your shelf/drawer. Amazon.com is going to rule the future. Just download everything, via your portable device. Digital content is being made available with extras, now.

6. Guy Gardener

To old people it's about about pretty bookshelves with boxsets.

We want to display our shit so that others will marvel and envy.

It's also about momentum.

You don't change horse half way through the race.

7. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

It's also about expense and not being able to afford a good enough computer, a good enough internet connection, etc, never mind the per download fee.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

At this point, I'm waiting for them to release the entrie series as a complete dvd set.

No way I'm spending $20 for six episodes on a dvd.

9. Guy Gardener

Your stoner nephew who no one thinks is going to amount to anything has already downloaded them. Ring him. He'll burn you all of season 2 onto one dvd.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yup. Or eventually someone will sell them used for $5+S&H, and then we'll talk.

11. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

In other words, be an IP pirate.

No thank you...I have morals.

12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's clear the suits running Disney don't so I consider it a wash ;)

13. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Series are downloaded by Season as well as by episode. Downloading the season is cheaper. I've got my collection building on my X-box.

Others will envy enough to borrow, and then never return. But, to each their own. I have a "progress" mindset, regardless of my age. If I could change my "horse" from loser to Seabiscuit halfway through the race, guess what?

14. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like buying all my stuff on disc; I'm not depending on a studio to always allow me access to that digital copy I bought. Publishers can and will yank your access; it's already been happening with eBooks on Amazon. Then what do you have? Your money gone and no product.

If I've got a disc, I can watch it. They can't take it back from me without breaking into my house.

That said, here's hoping that Canada will do a bluray of season two; there's no hope of seeing that in the US.

15. Guy Gardener

Wait?

They've washed their hands of Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes?

So sad.

Ian?

That nephew actually exists?

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

^No, he doesn't. But even if he did, I wouldn't ask anyone to do that for me. I'm no thief.

17. Guy Gardener

Good.

And you paid Hasbro permission to use your your Avatar? ;)

I kid.

licensing laws are so ridiculous.

They start of with realistic expectations and then just keep on trucking into crazy town.

You don't buy dvds.

You agree to buy restrained rights confined to the medium you purchased and sometimes temporary digital rights that can be lifted after a temporal duration or a finite number of plays.

You don't own your dvds.

It's quasi-illegal to sell you dvds to a second hand store.

Which begs the question if you are bound to the same laws as a first sale customer if you're already a criminal?

I looked up what I suggest, how you get new media from your nephew which he already has in his library, and this is what I found, If you copy your playlist from itunes and give it to a friend, gift it, not sell it, you can be fined and go to jail.

But seriously hat if temporal Flux is right?

What if they are never going to finish the season as dvd releases?

I said it before.

Consistent formats are important to our bookshelves.

The poor bastards that bought the the first season of Enterprise on VHS only to be standing at ground zero as the bottom fell out of the market when dvd's ran amok claiming to be the be all and end all.

You re right.

You have the moral high ground.

Bravo.

How long till this shit enters the public domain?

A hundred years after all the actual creators die?

Or is it a hundred hears after Disney is sacked by post apocalyptic road warriors?

Besides, the only reason the Hollywood was built on the less civilized side of America was to get away from Thomas Edison's lawyers who wanted upfront royalties on the use of every kineograph screening to play motion picture that run, who couldn't be bothered with spending 4 months on a train to sort out the picture houses.

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait eBooks on Amazon don't down load on what ever your using to read them?

19. Guy Gardener

After a unspecified period, sometimes they require a "reactivation code" to reread, rewatch or relisten.

In theory it means that if you make a thousand copies of some file and sell them, in 6 month when all the files die... A 1000 people are going to come and find you.

20. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral