Arnold is on board for Terminator 5 and possibly 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Yep. With all that practice on Buffy and Dollhouse Eliza should be able to turn True Lies into a nice franchise.

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

The world needs more True Lies like... uh... er... it just plain doesn't. :p

But neither of those two franchises were firmly anchored to a certain geopolitical moment or a single iconic star who's permanently aged out of the (original, at least) role.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    1 & 2: genius. 3 & 4: meh, ok. But wouldn't mind if they never made another Terminator movie. Wish Arnold well though.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Arnold in a 5th Terminator? That would only work for me if he's a human resistance fighter, battle hardened with lots of scars.

5. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

I actually liked Terminator Salvation but I still can't see how Arnie returning to the franchise could help. I mean we all know he cant be the T-800 again so then what?

I suppose an older resistance fightrer who the T-800 was based off could work as long as CHristian Bale returns as John Connor. The only alternative would be, as proposed already, a really old Terminator(120 years was the life span in T2) hanging around either helping what remained of the human resistance in the 22nd century or helping rebuild after the human victory.

EDIT: Actually if you wanted to go REALLY different we could go with a hard sci fi story about all the ex-Terminators living in human society. We know the they could in theory at least adjust according to the learning Terminators of T2. Maybe Terminators need rights too.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I'm really not fussed if Arnie comes back or not. What I would love, especially if T5 continues after T4 in the future rather than time travel, is just for Summer Glau to reprise her TSCC's character.

Hell even if she just stood next to John in every scene saying nothing, Just having Cameron there, I'd go see it for that!

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ TSCC is yet another alternate timeline, isn't it?

8. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Yeah. In its continuinity it goes T1, T2, TSCC.

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, bring Stahl back! He always looked more like Biehn/T2's future John anyhow. :bolian: