Ben Browder vs the CW cheerleaders

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Isn't she just the girl's foster mother, though?

Not that I've watched that show or anything. :shifty:

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Bitchy mother vicariously living through her daughter's life.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

:wtf:

And I thought losing his shirt every other episode was the limit of his pandering.

4. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Claudia Black is taking time off to be a new mommy, and to direct, according to what she said at last years's Polaris convention.

Claudia Black At Polaris

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Nah, according to the show, Shiri's character gave the kid up for adoption when she was just sixteen, but recently regained custody of her.

So, yeah, it's weird seeing Appleby playing the "mom" part, but the plot explains why she's only sixteen years older than her daughter.

It's a good show, btw. You should check it out.

6. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

He also has to diversify his acting as well: he can't be John Crichton forever. This show, while being just more crap from the CW, at least lets him escape the shadow of typecasting.

Also, one other thing I want to say: Farscape is over,and isn't coming back. That's something that we all will have to deal with. It had four years and a great wrap-up movie, which is more than most sci-fi shows get. Putting out some webisodes might just cheapen it to the point of no return, which we don't want. Let's all revel in the time that we had as fans watching Farscape when it was on, and not be bitter about the new show that he's in now.

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

8. Witterquick

Witterquick Captain Captain

Being such a cult hit, I think it stands a good chance of being revived 20-30 years down the road.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Oh, I have no illusions about the chances of Farscape coming back, but I don't think it is as hopeless a picture as you paint it. The comics have already brought the show back, in way, and the webisodes are still a real possibility. Will they be as good as the series? Who can really say?

When it comes to its legacy, I couldn't care less. If the comics, or the webisodes, or anything else with the title Farscape isn't any good then I won't spend my time and money on them. And regardless of all that, there are four seasons and a miniseries out there that tell a story which is mostly complete, and they're not going to be tarnished any more than the latest Alien vs. Predator movie tarnishes Ridley Scott's original Alien.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm certainly not bitter about his new show, but that doesn't prevent it from sounding really crappy. :p

11. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

:lol:

My thinking exactly. Though, I must confess that if there's a chance of locker room scenes with Ben Butt, I might give it a look see .... :devil:

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's a possibility...

Football coach with a drinking problem = Ben Browder acting drunk = John Chrichton Normal = anyone else looney toons.

It couldn't be worse than One Tree Hill and that grew on me eventually.

I have spent the last year thinking that make it or break it was a reality TV show so I didn't even investigate it in the slightest, but then I do have my limits.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bitchy mother/former cheerleader who is hotter than her cheerleader daughter and all her friends.

Scrap that, Claudia needs to join Sons of Anarchy as the biker matriarch of a rival gang. Her vs. Katie Sagal - WOW! :eek:

Ben needs to be given a better role than he'll ever get on Stargate. As stupid as the CW may be, at least it's different.

I'm already starting the NO REMAKE online petition! Though by then, we might be doing petitions via virtual reality, right? :p

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe Ben's show will be super successful, and Claudia will get a spin-off where she coaches a boy's football team.

15. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Did I not just say that Claudia is raising her kid(s) now, and just producing rather than acting?:vulcan:

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Get a sense of humor, please.

17. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

I have one. But it's smart, not stupid and pointless.:vulcan:

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everyone sharpen up your sensa huma, since Hellcats looks like its going to series! :rommie:

19. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

She needs to be on "Burn Notice" as a rival to Gabrielle Anwar