Farscape comic query

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bishbot, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really enjoying spending more time with the Farscape characters thanks to the great comics from our very own KRAD, but I;m wondering, have I missed an issue, or are they flooding the market by putting out two stories simultaneously?

I have 1-4 of the first one, 1-3 of "Strange Detractors" and 1-2 of "D'Argo's Lament"

2. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

oh crap! I'm falling behind! Gotta go back to the shop tomorrow! I've missed these characters.

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

You've got them all. The mini came out first, and did really well. So they've decided to keep putting out more.

Strange Detractors is a four-issue follow up to the mini. The same month #2 of that came out, #1 of Lament came out. That's another four-issue mini, though it is set during the series.

And they're not going away any time soon. Per Krad, the writer of these comics, there are at least three more FS titles coming soon. After Strange is Dead and Gone, followed by Tangled Roots. Lament will be followed by D'Argo's Trial.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I know I've asked this before, but is there any word as to when these will be collected in trade paper back form yet? I'm not much of a reader of comics usually, so I'm not as informed on these things as others.

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

The only one announced is here - http://www.boom-studios.net/farscape-vol-1-hardcover-edition.html - but it's not trade paper. It's hardcover, and at 30 bucks, is double what you'd pay buying the individual issues.

6. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Here's how it's going with the Farscape comics -- we're doing them as four-issue miniseries. Each four-issue mini will be collected into a single bound volume, initially as a hardcover, then later as a trade paperback. They include, so far:

Farscape #1-4 by Rockne S. O'Bannon, Keith R.A. DeCandido, and Tommy Patterson (post-PKW) -- published from December 2008 - April 2009, subtitled "The Beginning of the End of the Beginning," hardcover released last week, TPB forthcoming

Farscape: Strange Detractors #1-4 by O'Bannon, DeCandido, and Will Sliney (post-PKW) -- #1-3 published from April - June 2009, #4 forthcoming in July, hardcover and TPB forthcoming after that

Farscape: D'Argo's Lament #1-4 by DeCandido and Neil Edwards (during third season) -- #1-2 published from April - May 2009, #3-4 forthcoming in June and July, hardcover and TPB forthcoming after that

Farscape: Gone and Back #1-4 by O'Bannon, DeCandido, and Patterson (post-PKW) -- forthcoming from July to October 2009, hardcover and TPB after that

Farscape: D'Argo's Trial #1-4 by DeCandido and Caleb Cleveland (pre-series) -- forthcoming from August to November 2009, hardcover and TPB after that