Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Well, inspired by this board to pick up my old STO account, I logged on to find... trouble.

Essentially, I am having trouble syncing up the new account with the old account.

My password for the old account does not seem to be accepted. Because it's with a non-existent company there is no way to 'recover' the password.

I've sent an email to the new company asking for the accounts to be linked but so far no response.

Is this a common problem? I can't access my old character. Would absolutely hate to grind up from lvl 1 all over again.

2. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

I just found out that, at level 50, I'm unable to increase the skill on my character....so, any new things I might want to try out is for another character.

I know I have two other 'free' slots. I had a human male tac character (which I deleted) and I had a Romulan female character (also deleted). And, currently I have an Andorian female engineering character....(which also may be deleted).

I guess I want to max out the play with my current character. Too, I still have a few episodes left with the Dyson Sphere campaign...and I just found out I can easily get Dilithium from 15s New Romulus reputation....and get extra 'credits' going on Deferi missions (and missions in general) where I get drops that I can sell later on. Not too mention, I've been putting in a lot of resources towards a Tier 1 dilithium mine and starbase!

I just wish I was able to go back and add some 'skills' to my science officer. *sigh*

Cryptic seems a bit slow in responses. I actually submitted a ticket about a bug on one of the exploration missions...and I have yet to receive a response. (Granted, with loads of people on the game I'm sure the response isn't going to be instantaneous....but, at the same time, with loads of people playing the game, I would think it's something that is addressed. Too, I assume I am one of the few players actually going into that particular area to explore!)

I probably didn't really answer your question, so maybe some of the others have some suggestions....

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Wow, did an elite Undine assault tonight, one guy bailed on us about 10 mins in and it ended up taking over an hour to finish it. What's the best loadout for a Tac cruiser for that? I could barely hold my own.

I hadn't touched the Undine STF's until this week and I'm doing pretty lousy at them, is there any way to compensate for the extreme sluggish nature of fluidic space?

4. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^If that's a mission in one of the Exploration Clusters, they're being removed as they were known to be buggy, flawed and often silly.

In any case, Cryptic don't respond to bug reports, it just gets added to some internal list. Cryptic don't publish prioritisation data, either.

As to the old account issue there was a merge between Cryptic and Perfect World - everyone had to merge accounts a year or two back. Am currently on train to work else I'd take a look on the forums for relevant threads, but you'll likely find something in their announcements forum (top of the list at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com called galactic news network) if you look back far enough.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Sadly, UAE is so tough that only the most experienced players in a very well built ship will be able to complete it in 15-20 minutes. You'll need a ship that has VERY, VERY strong both offensively AND defensively. It is why almost nobody play it.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

especially since you can bang out the Infiltration ground mission in 5-10 min without much risk, for the same rewards...

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

If you want I can repost my Sovereign build and load out. I am doing fine.
    I set it up with decent damage (enough to draw aggro when no maxed tanks or über-DPS builds are around), some healing capability for myself and others.

8. LeadHead

Thanks for the help guys!

Update: I hadn't done the infiltration mission before and I'm pleased that I can earn undine marks without massive frustration :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  9. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not only that, but you'll need players who actually listen. The best way I've seen to handle it is to stick together, even though the mission splits up the team on three tracks. But on more than one occasion, I've been in PUGs where the rest of the team doesn't realize that you have to protect the command ship.

In my experience, Viscous Assault tends to be a bit harder since enemies tend to surround you more often, rather than UA in which they're relatively bottlenecked from the portals.

10. LeadHead

Yesterday's run could've been in a STO blooper reel. :) The entire team made it quickly to an Undine rift, doing a great job dealing with anything that came out, all the while, there were ships behind us, slaughtering command ship after command ship at their spawning point for probably nearly 10 minutes.

I'll say this for the 4 of us who stayed in it, despite it being a dreadful run, we finished it.

Me thinks I need to finish getting more sturdy equipment from other reps before I try that one again.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well tomorrow season 9.5 hits.

So the full odyssey uni will be available plus the two replacement fleet versions and the 200 day vet version.

As well as the new crafting system.

Also it look like their rejiggering the dilithium prices for stuff, and it sounds like the stuff supposed to be cheaper now.

Also here are the uniform coloring guides for anyone going standard issue.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6003273

Plus extras for other variants

Tactical
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768647268446208/photo/1

Dress
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768526459924480/photo/1

Medical
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/489278970257342465/photo/1

Enlisted dress
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/489278541012287488/photo/1

Enlisted tactical
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/489278462385856512/photo/1

And Flag Officers
    https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/489278725712666625/photo/1

12. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Well that's just 47 kinds of awesome, thanks Hartzilla! :bolian:

13. Hartzilla2007

Your welcome, I found them in the Odessey blog thread on the forum and figured a complete list might help over here for people who either don't keep up with the game forum or don't want to have to go through the whole thread.

14. Hartzilla2007

You know I just realized something.

With the All Good Things uniform and the Odyssey combadge, it is now possible to make a pretty decent attempt at the Kelvin uniform.

15. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The new uniforms are nice and all. They make Cryptic's Starfleet look a bit more professional.

Still, what's the deal with them axing exploration missions? Exploration needed a revamp, sure, but I think the basic idea of having randomized missions was a sound one. Is this just a prelude to revamped exploration? The Dyson Spheres and the Delta Quadrant would certainly make a logical place for it.

16. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I certainly understand their reasoning. The exploration clusters were hastily written bare bones systems that were never fleshed out and the original creators have left Cryptic long ago. Nobody understands how it worked nor have the time or inclination to try and add on to a highly "cryptic" technical system. So its natural to scrap the whole exploration cluster.

I do hope they have plans to replace it with a better form of exploration.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Super annoying that they didn't auto-convert all the data samples for us, that's 5 minutes for no gain, times however many toons you have. No reason to keep them, why not auto-convert like they've done with every other item they've axed from the game?

Also, the Aegis set - do we have to do something to convert that to the new standard, or did the stats just go up on what's already there to make it usable again?

18. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

You have to re-craft I think.

19. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

Aegis auto-updates, at least it did for me.

20. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I knew they devs were reducing the EC values of some pieces of ship equipment, but I didn't realize they were going to cut them so steeply. I used to love doing a couple STFs and then vendor selling the engines, deflectors and shields and other stuff and ending up with 200-300 thousand EC from the loot. Now, it seems like the value of the big pieces of equipment is maybe 30% what it used to be.

I don't remember...did they reduce the costs of buying engines, etc?

Otherwise, I think I kinda like the new crafting system so far. I'm much more likely to level this version up, slowly, while I engage in other gameplay. Not having to go to a specialized location to do it helps, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.