Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Re: Star Trek III - The Vengeance Of Khan

TNG has never held a monopoly on the Borg.

2. Scruggernaut

Scruggernaut Ensign Red Shirt

Umm, I feel like it's obvious that the next chapter of AbramsTrek would revolve around the freaking Klingon War they started.

3. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I won't lie, I'd be very curious to see how they'd do the Borg.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can we get a real romulan movie and not what we got in Star Trek 2009? I would love to see the Romulans again, since throughout the franchise, they're not really featured that much.

5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Please, no Andorians! They were so perfectly made in Enterprise, they can't get any better than this. I'm afraid they would completely ruin the Andorians with their obsession to "re-imagine" everything.

6. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to see a more comic Star Trek movie. Humor works well in Star Trek. Don't make it a flat out comedy, but give it some silliness. I want to see Harry Mudd do some silly hijinks and make Kirk irritated. More Kirk, Spock and Bones playful banter. As much as I loved Into Darkness. I'd really like the Reboot to go to a more playful adventure. :)

7. tippy

tippy Ensign Red Shirt

Bring some quest actors to complement the crew.
    Miranda Otto could be McCoy's love interest.
    Kal Penn could be Sulu's former doctor roomate.
    Jonathan Groff could be a singer who comes between Spock and Uhura.

8. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Unless they do the James Bond route and recast roles (which I wouldn't care for; just starting to get used to the new cast!) I don't see Star Trek being more than a trilogy.
    So, a third film....set during the five year mission... Well, I don't think we'll see Khan, and I do hope it's not a revenge based plot that features Earth. I greatly enjoyed the last two films, but want to be completely surprised by the story. Go original, and work in a few homages and references, but fulfill the promise of "This is a new Trek: all bets are off!"

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Sorry to change your title, Dennis. I know Cumberbatch as Khan is the worst kept secret out there, but there are still some people who are out of the loop, so we don't want it showing up on the main page.

I'm not going to go through and edit all the posts to change the title in the reply field, so I'd appreciate if everyone removed the reference to Khan from the title in their posts if they quote someone. Thanks.

10. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.

I don't know. If we get a new TOS-era series and a few more movies, by the time it's over they may just consider going back to the TNG era in the reboot timeline.

11. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

All the other captains got to face off against the Borg (Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer) so it is only fair that Kirk should get his turn. I'd love to see them do the Borg, with today's special effects technology

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins]

Eh, no, please. I can't stand the Borg anymore. I've been Borg'd to death. I'd like to see either a completely new antagonist, or a mysterious "thing" that must be explored to be understood. Either way, no Borg. Please.

13. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pro Borg.
    Maybe this will be their chance to be a terrifying force once again instead of a joke.

14. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For Star Trek 3 I would like to see the crew exploring the frontier, visiting a strange new world.

If they are looking for bad guys I say they bump into the Klingons, maybe have one of the classic Captains face off against Kirk. Negates the issue of another huge supership as Klingon cruisers were always show to be an equal to the Enterprise.

IF you need her to be outgunned have her face off against 2 of them.

No Khan and definitely no Borg!

15. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I want to say do something original, but I'd prefer an original story based on characters or events from the series or past movies. War with Klingons, Doomsday Machine and an outside chance at Kirk vs Borg...

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Borg could be pretty darn cool, if they're less the bad guy and more of a hurricane that rolls into town - implacable alien invaders who stomp on the well-laid plans of protagonist and antagonist alike.

17. Tai

Tai Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd love to see a movie take place in the plot of "Errand of Mercy" only the Organans don't interfere.

18. malchya

malchya Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Please, please...no villain next time. A story of exploration wherein the danger and drama derive from the situation and not another mumping great egomaniac. Please.

19. TommyW

TommyW Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I can't see them using Klingons now. They made them look a right bunch of girls in Into Darkness. I bet they'll go with the Borg

Personally I'd rather see a film without an out and out villain. Make a proper space adventure/exploration movie or something!

20. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I'd like a sci-fi story.
    The only movie that's come close is TMP.
    I know its not going to happen.

I was thinking of a Forbidden Planet type enemy - the ID!